7 Posts

Valor & Victory» Forums » Variants

Subject: Solitaire AI? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
I play a lot of wargames solitaire. V&V is a fun game, but I will not be able to get any of my gaming buddies to play it with me. Has anyone heard of an AI rule set that can be used for V&V and similar games? I am thinking of a mix of general rules and randomizers.

For instance; If several different options are available to a AI unit, based on that unit's objectives, there would be a dice roll or card draw determining what that units actions are. This would prevent the player from making all of the decisions for both sides but not add more complexity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
This may be of interest to you:-
[geekurl=https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/547702/simple-solo-rules][/geekurl]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
SA80mkII wrote:
This may be of interest to you:-
[geekurl=https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/547702/simple-solo-rules][/geekurl]

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Adam,

A solitaire system is something I'd like to work on in the near future. I have a die for producing small cards, which -- along with a few charts -- I may use for some sort of solitaire system. I'm not even into the planning stages, but I'm thinking they'll be used as an event/encounter deck, to be pulled from each time your units reach a certain location on the map, or a rising "threat level" which resets after each encounter. All of this will be scenario dependent, of course, with the trigger being determined by the situation.

I'd really like to dig deeper into the V&V system, through quarterly or semi-annual magazine variants, with the solitaire variant, a "heroic" variant (with individual "characters"), and maybe even other settings. I've always wanted to do a Flash Gordon-esque variant, with rocket ships and all, but that may be more fun as a Sniper! variant.

Once the new edition is out of the way, or the first few modules, I'll devote a little more time to the special projects.

-Barry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
That would be fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shockey
United States
Arbutus
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may be able to use the AI charts from "Nuts!" By Two Hour Wargames. Once you rate the units to get their "rep" (the main stat in Nuts) the charts run the enemy units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe pex
Italy
Aosta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news about the solitaire rules???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.