Subject: Martinique Valentine's Day Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S Squidpigge
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In an effort to add more two player games that I can con my wife into playing with me I picked this up for a great price.

The fact that it is easy to learn and plays quickly helped convince my wife to give this game a shot on Valentine's day, well that and the dozen roses I bought her.

We set the game up and began playing and my wife immediately commented about how the initial sunrise phase is similar to Hey, That's My Fish! which she enjoys playing.

We started by mainly focusing on the map tiles but then I started focusing on ensuring I could purchase some of the small treasures.

My wife went into the bar and snagged a map tile and took the first seat at the bar.

As we moved around I took the next three seats at the bar followed by my wife taking one then me the next and her the last two.

I knew that the main treasure could not be buried anywhere A-D on the letter part of the grid. My wife placed her first pirate on the number 2, which I knew I didn't have in my hand. I placed one of my pirates on the 2 column but then thought she might be conning me so I moved the others around a bit more.

In the end I it ended up being 2-G and I missed it by placing mine on 2-E. We both had the same number of small treasures in our holds but my total victory point count was higher so I ended up winning. After her loss my wife thanks me for ruining a perfectly good Valentine's Day.

She actually did enjoy the game so I think this will stick around as part of our quick, 2 player game rotation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.