Subject: Room tiles of season 2 different coloured back? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristian Karlsson
Poland
Krakow
flag msg tools
mb
Got my copy of season 2 today and noticed that the backs of the room tiles are a bit darker and has a "greenish" tone, compared to the room tiles of "season 1".

Anyone else noticed this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Fink
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same problem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyber Puncur
Poland
flag msg tools
Same here, need to play in a low lit room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

It is true that in some boxes part of the tiles are printed in a way that allows to identify them. Some differences are really minor and can be noticed under very close inspection and sometimes differences are more visible. When the game was played in Essen we had actually rather different tiles coloring. Everybody had fun and almost nobody noticed over the whole fair (gaming nights included... and I had my best ever game of Room 25 there).

But, while in general it does not affect gameplay significantly, we still found some players will enjoy the game less because of that. So we have decided to go and print sleeves dedicated to the game. It was an idea we had for some time, because it will address both such issues but also the normal wear and tear from playing the game which lead to actually potentially bigger issues for competitive players because if you can identify Room 25, the game is strongly impacted. We'll sell such sleeves at cost allowing players who will want them to have them at the lowest price possible. Also the batches with very significant color variations were blocked and will be replaced. This leads to a delay in the release date in the USA for example, but for good reason. The instances of significant variations that already got through in other places will be taken care of through after sales. Eventually the only perfect solution is sleeves and that also will also be implemented asap.

I personally have a lot of fun playing with my copy of the game and hope you guys will also enjoy all the modifications from Season 2. For me those renewed and even greatly increased my gaming experience !

Finally and very importantly, for those who would feel too impacted to enjoy the game fully, I, and Matagot do apologize. The two actions mentioned above are conducted as fast as possible.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Karlsson
Poland
Krakow
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Arnaud,

Thank you for the update. I'm really looking forward to try it out, since I feel that season 2 adds the parts that I felt missing from the base game.

I really can't wait to try it out.

Great to hear about the sleeves. I will be getting some for my set.
Any idea on when they will be available?

Thanks,
Kristian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be sleeves for the action tokens also?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news...

is there an eta on the sleeves? and will they be in online stores or only in your store?

cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Alatar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally game should be printed in the same factory to not cause these kinds of problem, have the factory been changed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lordalatar wrote:
Normally game should be printed in the same factory to not cause these kinds of problem, have the factory been changed?

Hello,

Actually as far as we know there has been a problem with one machine out of two and the color slowly changed on some tiles. So in fact the same factory at the same time still produced variations that ended up creating an issue for some copies. Sometimes it's just bad luck. We believe there are not too many copies sold with a really bad coloring issue and for sure in the USA we will replace all tiles before putting the Expansion game up for sale.
To note: The new base game has no issue. It was also made in the same factory at the same time.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pee di Moor
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have *very* different, and thus easily recognizable backs

Arnaud, will you inform us here in this thread when the sleeves become available, or do we need to shoot you an email?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Barnes
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arnaud4matagot wrote:
lordalatar wrote:

Hello,

Actually as far as we know there has been a problem with one machine out of two and the color slowly changed on some tiles. So in fact the same factory at the same time still produced variations that ended up creating an issue for some copies. Sometimes it's just bad luck. We believe there are not too many copies sold with a really bad coloring issue and for sure in the USA we will replace all tiles before putting the Expansion game up for sale.
To note: The new base game has no issue. It was also made in the same factory at the same time.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.

I applaud your efforts to correct this issue, but I am confused as to how it is effecting the U.S. release date. Is the game releasing soon in the U.S. or is it still a few months away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I applaud your efforts to correct this issue, but I am confused as to how it is effecting the U.S. release date. Is the game releasing soon in the U.S. or is it still a few months away?

Simply because we need time to reproduce the faulty tiles and repack the games. I think we are consequently 2-3 months away from release.

Sorry for the delay,
Arnaud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Munoz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so glad you are doing this for the US release!!! I was having second thoughts and was about to cancel my pre-order at my FLGS... Good job!!! I would rather wait and get the corrected components.thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Allen
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - as excited as I am for the expansion I would rather wait as well and get the fixed components.

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hm, will there be a replacement program for us with the greener tiles or is it the sleeves that is the fix?

It does unfortunatly affect play to some extent, as you can easily spot which tiles are from the expansion and thus find the exit room easier.

Played Season 2 yesterday, and it was very tight and thematic. One guard managed to kill the other guard.

Well done expansion to a fantastic game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arnaud MATAGOT
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be sleeves for the action tokens also?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

No sleeves for action tokens. We're waiting for an answer from some distributors to have replacements made. Those with serious color differences or with issues with Token will be served through normal after sales as soon as we get these replacement parts.

In the meantime we are confident that you even for those with significant color variations can enjoy the game nevertheless. I know I and my group do, but of course I understand that it is not a satisfactory answer in itself. So, we ask for your kind understanding until we can make it up to anyone who got impacted by this hasard. We're really taking this very seriously and we're really deeply sorry for any and all embarrassment incurred by players.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Adamson
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was eagerly anticipating this expansion, but now will have to wait until these issues are fixed. But I am wondering how I will know which printing is which when I go to buy it in a few months time? How will I be able to tell that I am not just buying older stock of this print run? Will you be noting somehow a difference between the first and second print runs? Will the U.S. copies have different logos on the box cover maybe?

Sorry, but I really do not know the answers to these questions. I think that a way to tell the newer printings from older ones will be invaluable and downright necessary. Also, replacing defective pieces for your customers is a very honourable solution, as long as they are free and you don't have to wait a year and a half for them. Making sleeves for the tiles sounds like a much worse solution, and you said nothing about them actually being free to existing game owners, it sounded like you are going to charge people for them. Forgive me if I am wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsnadamson wrote:
I was eagerly anticipating this expansion, but now will have to wait until these issues are fixed. But I am wondering how I will know which printing is which when I go to buy it in a few months time? How will I be able to tell that I am not just buying older stock of this print run? Will you be noting somehow a difference between the first and second print runs? Will the U.S. copies have different logos on the box cover maybe?

Sorry, but I really do not know the answers to these questions. I think that a way to tell the newer printings from older ones will be invaluable and downright necessary. Also, replacing defective pieces for your customers is a very honourable solution, as long as they are free and you don't have to wait a year and a half for them. Making sleeves for the tiles sounds like a much worse solution, and you said nothing about them actually being free to existing game owners, it sounded like you are going to charge people for them. Forgive me if I am wrong.

Hello,

I'll try to answer. There seem to be a lot of confusion and I'm sorry about that. I really don't think you need to wait really as even if there is a chance that your copy has issue. Firstly because you'll be able to play nonetheless and secondly because you can later get replacement parts through our after-sales service which covers the world except the USA (writing at service@matagot.com and yes that is free and no it will not take 18 months to be available).

Sleeves are really meant to kill two birds with one stone for some people. They are for real hardcore gamers who are anyway able to identify rooms based on their various and normal wear and tear. I'm sadly not able to do that, but clearly some people are and we thought it would be nice to do something for them. Not for fixing issues that have to do with standard after-sales.

That being said the only copies that can be impacted are part of the special Season 2 edition which includes plastic insert and replacement parts for owners of Season 1 original version. The reason why the USA version will be completely redone is because we had it sample tested like the rest and it was much more impacted than the rest, so it made sense to correct it completely rather than resort to aftersales.

If you'd still rather wait, you will easily not confuse versions as the Season 2 "Reboot" Special edition will never be produced again. Season 2 future reprints will be in smaller boxes without a plastic insert or pieces you do not need if you bought the Season 1 second edition (large box with plastic insert). It will also be a little bit cheaper, although we have made a discount price for the special edition as recognition for the earlier fans.

I hope this helps, otherwise it may be better to write to me directly as I'm afraid it's making things more confusing when lots of details are added.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason I was asking about sleeves for action tokens are because in my experience these are the components that get worn down fastest. I have actually bought a new copy of the base game (1st edition) to be able to have action tokens that aren't so worn down. And then I have used nail polish on them to make them keep longer without wear, couldn't find any sleeves that small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swYck wrote:
The reason I was asking about sleeves for action tokens are because in my experience these are the components that get worn down fastest. I have actually bought a new copy of the base game (1st edition) to be able to have action tokens that aren't so worn down. And then I have used nail polish on them to make them keep longer without wear, couldn't find any sleeves that small.

I see, well well... I'm definitely not competitive enough to even consider that... but it's well noted and we'll see if we can find something to do something about it. I'm assuming you already looked for sleeves that would already on the market and that none matched this size right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly. Didn't find any matching the size or even close so I went with the nail polish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Adamson
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for your quick response Arnaud. I believe that I fully understand now, and may purchase the expansion after all. I definitely have the 1st edition of the game, and was worried that the tiles wouldn't match. For the 2nd edition, just to clarify, it will be easy to tell because it will include the Audience Die as well? You're not saying that the 2nd edition will include Season 2 as well, are you? I was wondering because you said that the 2nd edition will have a larger insert and a bigger box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsnadamson wrote:
Thank you so much for your quick response Arnaud. I believe that I fully understand now, and may purchase the expansion after all. I definitely have the 1st edition of the game, and was worried that the tiles wouldn't match. For the 2nd edition, just to clarify, it will be easy to tell because it will include the Audience Die as well? You're not saying that the 2nd edition will include Season 2 as well, are you? I was wondering because you said that the 2nd edition will have a larger insert and a bigger box.

Hello,

Second edition of base game just has the plastic insert, new miniatures and new graphic design. No other change.

We've made a lot of efforts to try to satisfy all players but that leads to something complicated, if still not clear please write to me directly.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Alatar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So your solution for the problem is that I should buy a secound base game in order to get tiles that has a matching back side. I dont think this is realy doable for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.