Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

The Army of the Heartland: The Army of Tennessee's Campaigns, 1861-1863» Forums » General

Subject: Vassal Module rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Hicks
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have begun preliminary work on a vassal module for this game. I have all the materials scanned in and the map incorporated into the module. Still much work to be done but I would appreciate someone to play test it with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Christensen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a small scenario of this last year. I found I don't have enough room for the map and all the army displays. A vassal module would be very helpful.
If you don't find anyone more experienced to help, I could probably find some time for play testing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hicks
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be great. I'm not trying to be so ambitious with this that I never do it. I want to get a good functional module to allow some of us to play the game. Then, I can add features as necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Leary
United States
Elizabethtown
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm definitely interested in both testing the vassal module, and getting in some opposed play of this game. I've only ever played solo, and it's been a number of years since I last broke out the hard copy...

If you are still looking for volunteers, I'm on-board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mort Meek
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Has there been any progress on this project? I am very interested, and would also like to play test if needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Antón
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested too. Just adquired a copy of the three games in the series.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hicks
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry I have not reported on this project. A great lot has been done but I was derailed for a few months due to illness. I'm about to ramp up again. I'm not too far from having a playtest version with one of the scenarios. Thanks for the inquiry.
Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mort Meek
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Thank you for the update, Tony. I do hope you are feeling better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hicks
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the concern.I'm much better. My goal is to have the Bragg Invasion scenario completed first for play testing. There have been some issues. For one, I have not been able to set a grid on the map. That was due to the nature of how I had to put the map together. Since it is an older game, no electronic files are available. Scanning of the conplete 34x22 map is cost prohibitive so I had to get creative. I scanned each portion of the maps with a simple flatbed scanner and used an assembly software to put it all together. The results were much better than I could ever have anticipated. Still, over the width of the two maps, the hex alignment gets slightly misaligned which makes making a hex grid difficult.

My plan is to have a workable version for players and then try to fine-tune it with maybe local grids or some such thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also interested in helping to test the module.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj L.
Spain
Sevilla
Andalucia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tony, any news? goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hicks
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry but I have not done anything in a while. I must apologize for being so dilatory. I lost momentum while I was sick. Also, work and family issues have kept me very busy. I don't mean to use those things as an excuse but merely an explanation. I was actually thinking about it all this morning. I am very close to having a prototype to playtest. The prototype is Bragg's invasion of Kentucky. Thanks for your patience. Keep plugging me.
Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.