Subject: Tower Color Poll rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Potluck Games

Utah
msg tools
publisher
badge
We would like to invite backer feedback on the color of towers.
Here are the two primary options:

1 - Each player may have their own color. This means four different colors and each player would get six towers and a catapult in that color. However, when we sell add-ons to increase the number of players, you would get repeat colors. For example, two players would have to be blue.

2 - All towers are the same color (probably grey, because this is a good "stone" color.

Please note that we will not base the decision entirely off of this poll, but backer feedback is very valuable in helping us make the decision.

Thanks!

Poll
What color should the towers be?
Four colors (one per player)
All the same color
Either way is fine
      120 answers
Poll created by Potluck Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe MacDonald
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point. If each of the core players are different colours but then all add-on players get, say, "blue" that means everyone in a five player game would still be unique.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a 5 or 6 player game, there would still only be 4 unique colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Winfield
msg tools
In that case, they are no longer "unique" and should just all be one color for consistency.

I would've just made the standard victory d8s all different colors since those are easy to get in many colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Solo
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tough choice! I'd prefer a possible stretch goal that gives 6 different dice tower colours!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clinton murray
Canada
flag msg tools
I voted for 4 colors but I would love to have 6. I just really want an orange one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the KS, the 4 current colors are red, blue, green, and yellow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bailey

Cartersville
Georgia
msg tools
Colors! Who cares if 2 to 3 in 6 people have the same color, that's way better than 6 in 6!
I mean if every game game you play is a 6 player game? Then I could guess Ican see where your ccoming from...
But iI plan on a 3 player average game.

And if the color thing is really and issue just buy 2 copies of the game, then its only 2 in 8 that share a copy, and heck this could be a good thing say if you were playing teams...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Jewell
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
saintbaileys wrote:
Colors! Who cares if 2 to 3 in 6 people have the same color, that's way better than 6 in 6!
I mean if every game game you play is a 6 player game? Then I could guess Ican see where your ccoming from...
But iI plan on a 3 player average game.

And if the color thing is really and issue just buy 2 copies of the game, then its only 2 in 8 that share a copy, and heck this could be a good thing say if you were playing teams...

Just my two cents but...

6/6 of the same color (my preference) or 6/6 all different colors is better to me than a mix of both.

You will get your "colors!" from all the unique minion dice color combinations and this will actually make them "pop" (ooh ahh) in contrast to the towers if the towers are all grey. It would also make the upgraded towers "pop" and stand out among standard towers.

And as stated before, if towers become grey maybe catapults become (wooden) light brown? Any future siege weapons would also be light brown to match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Panda ThatsMe
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would prefer different colors for all players, but if it's only for the first four it might as well be all grey. Grey will probably look best, with brown catapults/siege engines. Worst case, I'll use some of our own multi-colored dice to make different player colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Moody
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
I mostly just want the numbers on the D8s to go from 0 (no points) to 7 (1 point away from victory).

That way, everyone places their point-tracking d8 in front of them from the start ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Having 6 different colors will be great! (what about purple and orange?)
But if you have to limit them to 4, then it will be better having only Grey Stone color

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has now been confirmed that there will be 6 distinct colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.