Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im toying with buying this but after reading a few forums it seems the game is too easy.

I am wanting to pick up a game that's good solo (Just got Mage Knight) but also good coop if people wanna play. there are mayny times I wanna play a board game but my wife is tired and either its too advanced for my daughter or she doesn't wanna play a board game.

Also are there extra scenarios that are sold or anything, I feel like only having like 4-5 scenarios will get bland after a few play through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WolfVonhinslik wrote:
Im toying with buying this but after reading a few forums it seems the game is too easy.

You have been lied to.

WolfVonhinslik wrote:
Also are there extra scenarios that are sold or anything, I feel like only having like 4-5 scenarios will get bland after a few play through.

List of scenarios for Robinson Crusoe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if you are kidding about the difficulty or not. I have about a 20% win rate...this is one of the more brutal co-ops on the market.

There is plenty of re-playability with any given scenario, each time through is a different story. The randomness of the event cards, adventure cards, hunting deck, island tiles, Starting cards, character choice, and those blessed dice...make each game unique.

If you get bored with the scenarios in the box, there are a couple more from Ignacy on the Portal website (king Kong is a blast to play). Also there is the first expansion, Voyage of the Beagle...which are linked scenarios that are a very immersive story disguised as a game.

Hope this helps.

I would also recommend Legendary for a Co-op with good solo play...though that one is very easy until you get the Dark City expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is many things, but easy is not one of them.

Brutal but very thematic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mann
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Curse your sudden but inevitable action denial!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played it solo and finally just won on my sixth play (the Volcano scenario).

I played the first scenario four times before moving on to the others. Honestly it could have just come with the first scenario as the standard setup and it still would have been worth it. Remember, many co-ops have just one scenario (think Pandemic, Forbidden Island, etc.). The variety in play here comes from the event cards, the inventions, and the outcome of the die rolls. Having more scenarios to play is just a bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WolfVonhinslik wrote:

Everytime I pull this game off the shelf and open it, I have to duck because it throws coconuts at me and tries to kick sand in my face.

Easy this game is not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. S.
Germany
M√ľnster
-
flag msg tools
mb
The game is definitely not easy. Szenario 1&2 are not too hard, if you played the game a few times and you will win most of the time. Szenario 3&4 are more challenging, but manageable. Szenario 5&6 are brutal, I have not managed to win one of those.

There are additional scenarios available, also additional characters. The game also plays differently depending on the number of players. There is also the Beagle expansion. So the replay value is quite high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamov
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The manual has great rules to make the game harder/easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bigmore
England
Abingdon
Oxon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WolfVonhinslik wrote:

Were they forums for Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pete truss
England
Bridgwater
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Firstly, this game is not easy. Some scenarios are less challenging than others but you will find the included scenarios will keep you busy for some time.
Secondly, despite loads of plays this game has never flirted with blandness, and I only have the base game. This is one of the best designed and made games Iv seen. It would be a shame to miss out on such quality because of a noisey minority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WolfVonhinslik wrote:
I am wanting to pick up a game that's good solo (Just got Mage Knight) but also good coop if people wanna play.
Then you clearly don't want to buy Mage Knight. I'd say it's almost impossible to play with multiple players (2 players max).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh come on. Everyone knows Robinson Crusoe is very easy.....

....to die in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
It is very easy to make mistakes in this game. The English rules can feel ambiguous (some say they are, some they are not), but more than that, if you don't read carefully, you can overlook something crucial. Also, there are quite a lot of details to the rules, and you could easily forget one or two.

The good thing is that such mistakes don't "break" the game - it retains its immersive play, it's interesting development and lots of choices. But it can become "too easy" this way.

Those who have claimed the game would be "too easy" here on the geek at one time or other found out which mistake led to this assumption. Since their claim was constantly challenged, and help offered in finding what rule was played badly, they found their errors.

There might be a few (especially those who do not seek help here on the Geek) who still believe it to be too easy, but I bet my entire game collection they are playing something fundamentally wrong and just haven't found the mistake yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Connell
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The few posts I've ever seen claiming this game was easy was from new players playing the game wrong. This game is very far from easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's too easy to lose perhaps, but hard to win.

It's a great solo game and good as a multiplayer.

There are plenty of scenarios in the box, all of which can be played many times.

In my opinion it's one of the best board games available, despite a few rule ambiguities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are finding Robinson Crusoe too easy... think about revisiting all you did on the game.

There is a good chance you are doing a couple or more rules wrong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drinking Coffee
Canada
Niagara
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i was in your shoes earlier this week. Just bought the game. Played through 3 times solo, lost everytime in a different way. LOVE IT.

This and LOTR Living Card Game are my go to solo games because winning is so damn hard and they drip with theme. Both have really high replay-ability but Robinson Crusoe doesn't "require" you to keep up with adventure packs/expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newby
England
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WolfVonhinslik wrote:

I am wanting to pick up a game that's good solo (Just got Mage Knight) but also good coop if people wanna play. there are mayny times I wanna play a board game but my wife is tired and either its too advanced for my daughter or she doesn't wanna play a board game.

I'm calling this post as a troll post.
Some of the replies also are ridiculous.

The general consensus is that this game does not fall under the 'too easy' category.

Some of the replies assume the OP already has the game when he clearly states he's thinking of buying it...

It's late, I've maybe had a drink, but either way, the OP is a non-post, worthy of zero attention. I do realise that I have contributed to the discussion - but my excuse is that I've been drinking...

PS. If your wife is tired... I suggest you don't crack open Robinson Crusoe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran M
United Kingdom
Co. Down
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khula wrote:

PS. If your wife is tired... I suggest you don't crack open Robinson Crusoe

And instead crack open a beer/drink? whistle

+1 and fair play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Mathieson
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mostly, this game is everything but easy. Well, scenarios one, two and three all have secret winning strategies, scenario four and five give you challenges but scenario six is pretty much un winnable due to its harsh challenge. And with 2-3 players the game becomes harder as you need more food to feed your people. Then if you manage to win all those scenarios, type in Robinson Crusoe scenarios into the geek lists and you will find tonnes of fan made scenarios. I hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.