Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, September 1939. German forces are deployed thusly:

There are more than five units in Prussia, but supply is checked before the DOW so not having a fleet at sea to keep supplies flowing into Konigsborg shouldn't matter (?). Plan is as indicated, attack from Prussia then blitz to Warsaw. Attack along the border and blitz to open a supply corridor.

German SL spends an AP to DOW Poland. His other two AP will send a one block destroyer fleet into the Baltic (in case the fights along the border go poorly), and to fuel an armor unit, since the armor HQ is in Prussia and can't supply both tank armies. An air HQ fuels two fighters and two bombers.

Churchill and Gamelan are outraged and DOW Germany. Churchill has some kind of breakdown and has to go to a Sanitorium or something to get some rest, he hopes to be back to work early next year. The Brits squander some precious material to help the Poles. (Actually, that assistance did prove useful).

German forces ruled over the Polish Army, but not without cost. The elimination of the Tech 0 Malus was worth the five yellow PP. The Luftwaffe lost 3 bomber and 2 fighter steps. Ground losses were heavier than expected as well, 1 armor and at least 4 infantry steps.

Here is the situation at turns' end:

I believe at this point Polish forces are OOS and cannot attack? The Soviets will invade Eastern Poland, the French will launch a mad attack somewhere as British troops arrive on the Continent. There will be a bit of noise and fury until spring.

Then there will be blood.

Please don't worry about embarrassing me. Tell me whatever you see that I've missed, even if it makes the whole turn a do over. I'm really excited to get back to this series, but I just don't have the patience to run through scenarios first. I'm going for broke, I'll correct as I go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Rogers
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
Chris,

I think that the German fleet needs to be deployed in the Baltic to begin the game, otherwise no unit in Prussia will be supplied in the normal manner and able to attack in September.

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So fleets can be deployed at sea during setup, is that what you mean? Otherwise I'm not sure how units in Prussia could be supplied as NU activate during the SRM?

If that's the case then I imagine everyone has to start the campaign with some fleets at sea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Rogers
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
I'm sure that they can be deployed if one wants. Otherwise, British, French, and Italian units overseas would start the September 1939 turn unsupplied which seems strange. And, as you noted, the Germans in East Prussia would also be unsupplied. Also, their submarines are already in the NA box...which would not make sense if the British weren't there already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grogers64 wrote:
Also, their submarines are already in the NA box...which would not make sense if the British weren't there already.

That does seem obvious now, doesn't it? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raoul Netherlands
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris,

Note that the Germans attacking Poland have a surprise bonus (like Barbarossa) so planes and artillery have +1. Just attack the border guard at Warsaw and Blitz to Warsaw with an armor. A fighter and bomber could be send directly for Warsaw. Also attack Danzig (will not surrender). Collect all YPP for every Polish unit that has to surrender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.