Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Kane
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tried to find this elsewhere but couldn't find an exact answer.
In the first game my wife and I played, she ended the game with 5 cows 4 sheep 4 horses. Exactly how many points is this worth? The cows are obviously worth nothing. The question is how do we score the sheep and horses? Are they scored as both second place or as one second and one third. If they are both second place, my wife ends with 8 points for animals. If one is counted as last and one is second she scores 12 points.

Either way could make sense to me I guess from the way the rules read, but he rules were only explicit when ALL three were tied.

Thanks!
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If two groups of animals are tied for the least number, you choose one type as the least and one type as 2nd least (the choice matters not). In the example you gave, the correct animal score would be 12 points (8 points for sheep + 4 points for horses OR 8 points for horses + 4 points for sheep).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kane
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome. The bad news is that means my wife wins now.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Bouffard
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our first game I ended with three horses and eight sheep. How do you score it when you only have two types of animals? Since horses were the least I'd get 6 points? I'd get nothing for all those sheep? Or 8 points because they were the second least?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
abouffard wrote:
In our first game I ended with three horses and eight sheep. How do you score it when you only have two types of animals? Since horses were the least I'd get 6 points? I'd get nothing for all those sheep? Or 8 points because they were the second least?

Neither. You get two points for each animal you have the least of (you have zero cows = 0 points). You get one point for each animal you have the next least of (3 horses = 3 points). You score nothing for the sheep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Bouffard
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.