Recommend
102 
 Thumb up
 Hide
90 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Giving away a game (because I love this community) (ended) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Heisey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently there was a post in which we were encouraged to post as to why we should have an avatar and others would give us geek gold. I say "we" because this is how I bought my avatar. This made me think about how much I love the community on BGG. So what now? How about I give someone a game?

What game? Depends who wins. I'm going to shoot for $15-20, because I don't have a lot of money. I will pick a winner Thursday evening. I will look at your owned, wish list, played, etc and choose a game I hope you will like. How do you enter?

Comment. Thumb. Tip. All ways to enter. One entry per person. US only unfortunately, as international shipping is expensive. That is, unless you are making a trip to Seattle, WA, in which case local pick up is fine.

Sorry, I'm rambling. Enter!
255 
 Thumb up
100
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
Very generous! I have enough games that I don't feel comfortable entering. But if you're looking for a game group on the Eastside, see my profile.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
Entering for a game (because I love you loving this community).

Thanks for doing such a cool thing.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miklos Fitch
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
Very cool thing! This is a cool community.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heisey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
curtc wrote:
But if you're looking for a game group on the Eastside, see my profile.


I have a pretty solid group but will keep this in mind. When you say east side are you talking Bellevue proper or Redmond/Totel Lake/Bothel/etc?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weston Burk
United States
Frankfort
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
Wow! Its this kind of awesome generosity and community connection that makes me happy to be a gamer!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.W. McLain 3
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
Commented, thumbed, gave you the tip.

Good luck everyone!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Lakeland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
Commenting because free games are fun and I love Seattle!

BGG generosity is like, totally, way more awesomer than, like, you know, like any other kind of generosity.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
Ha, neat idea. I live in Sequim, but will be in Seattle area over a long weekend to take advantage of Great Wolf's homeschool discounts. You going to do the no ship math trade on abecorn?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
No entry needed, but thumbed and golded for the thought...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kim
United States
Mukilteo
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
Sweet! One day I hope to do the same.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dart
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
"In the beginning, the Earth was without form, and void."
badge
"O I know justice, it's a birthright if you're born right"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
Eek! I thumbed the post just to say good on you, but didn't intend to enter. So I un-thumbed it.

But now I've commented! It's a trap!

Oh, non-US resident. Phew. I can safely thumb the post again.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
Awesome! What a lovely way to end an evening!

Cheers, Mate...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prince Adam The Coward
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
How does this work?
badge
Ah, now I see!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
I'd like to enter, but if I win, I'd ask you to send a family/kids game to a friend of mine in Missouri.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Chan
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
Beautiful, simply beautiful! Love your generosity and your support of our wonderful community. I don't need an entry but just wanted to comment to show my appreciation. I have no more GG left so I will do my part and give you a huge thumbs up! Love Seattle as well!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
TheJRMY wrote:
curtc wrote:
But if you're looking for a game group on the Eastside, see my profile.


I have a pretty solid group but will keep this in mind. When you say east side are you talking Bellevue proper or Redmond/Totem Lake/Bothell/etc?

Just off 520, as soon as you cross into Redmond (map included on guild page, linked from profile)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heisey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
navajas wrote:
You going to do the no ship math trade on abecorn?


...what?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
Thanks!,
I have a US address. Also drive through Seattle frequently on my way to Portland.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
Awesome action. gave you a victory point (thumb) for it. Not participating though, no US resident.

Good luck to all participants!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
TheJRMY wrote:
navajas wrote:
You going to do the no ship math trade on abecorn?


...what?


There's a no ship math trade ending this weekend in Seattle. Was just wondering if you were going to be there.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heisey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
navajas wrote:
There's a no ship math trade ending this weekend in Seattle. Was just wondering if you were going to be there.


I've never heard of that before. Won't be there because of work, but I'll keep an eye on Abecorn.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anker The m80 Hobbit
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
Thumbs up! Nice one meeple

( not entering but just cheering ! )

Happy times

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
UK resident so I'm not entering, just thumbed and tipped for your philanthropic-like ways
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Green
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
Gamer Dedication
badge
Don't let the fun stop!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
I am starting to see that this community can be both very generous and inviting. Very nice of you to pay it forward.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Cole
United States
Maquoketa
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Giving away a game (because I love this community)
How altruistic. Kudos to you! cool
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.