GIPF Project Set 3» Forums » General

Subject: The Lowdown... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No one else has posted the details of the new Gipf set, so I'll pass on what my friend (who just returned from Essen) told me.

Yinsh Potential: The Yinsh potential is similar to the Zertz potential in that it jumps off your piece. It doesn't jump over another piece, however, it simply moves in a straight line away from its starting point and can stop at any spot on the way, without going over and beyond another piece.

Punct Potential: The Punct potential is similar to the Dvonn potential, in that you jump off your piece and stack on top of your opponent's. The trick is that if you stack two on top of your opponent's piece it creates a new Gipf piece for you.

If I'm wrong about any of that please let me know... this is info I picked up from a chat...

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Ben-Ezra
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are posted on the website:

YINSH potential: http://www.gipf.com/project_gipf/potentials/yinshpot.html
PUNCT potential: http://www.gipf.com/project_gipf/potentials/punctpot.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well shoot... I'm surprised no one linked to that sooner. I've been quite eager to learn how the new potentials work for a while now.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well.. just played my first game of Ultimate Gipf using all the potentials. The game was quite chaotic, but in a fun way.

I imagine in the future we might play with some sort of draft procedure prior to the game... force the players to choose 10 or so potentials that they will be able to use...

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Marvosh
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to know if they'll ever sell the whole project as a set. I think I might buy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moisés Solé
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They should also include 12 more rings for ZERTZ 61

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M-J
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
set 2 plus any recent copy of zertz gives you zertz 61 because the zertz sets now have 12 extra rings, and set 2 has 12 extra rings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.