3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Dungeon Crawler recommendation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi,

I am looking for a dungeon crawler (or similar genre with miniatures) that meets following requirements:

- Should be playable without campaign mode (campaign is a nice to have, but no must)
- Should not have much text to read. The case is that we are mostly german players and not all of us are good with the english language. I also don`t like games where we have to read out a lot of text to other players.
- At least up to 4 players (5 or 6 would be better)

Games we played:

Zombicide: I like that we can pick one mission and it has one small text before beginning the mission. But it`s too easy and a bit shallow.

Descent 2nd Edition: Like the combat, but it is too heavily story and campaign driven. Feels more like a race with short missions. And too much text reading.

It would be good if someone does not understand the language on the cards, then other players would be able to directly explain the cards. This would be rather difficult when the players must keep the cards for themselves.

Any suggestions here?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Grant
United Kingdom
Dyce
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King is due out shortly. Text is limited and plenty of clear icons to shorten the requirement for text. Treasure cards usually add more dice rather than text laden options. Can be played fully co-op or with dungeon master. Down side is no campaign play. Also I'm not 100% on the new rules but what they have suggested seem to improve what I though was already a good one shot dungeon bash.

Legends of Andor is readily available in German. Non traditional high adventure game while not set in a dungeon certainly has the defeat the evil and rough up the wandering monster vibe. Would recommend watching a video of this to see if it hits what you are looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry that the text is in German but I can't really concentrate as there a lot of constructions going on in my house right now.

Weniger Story hat natürlich Doom: The Boardgame. Dafür ist es aber auch wesentlich brutaler. Bisher hat noch keine meiner Gruppen die erste Mission geschafft... Allerdings halt auch nur Missionen die aber einzeln und nicht als Kampagne gespielt werden können.

Falls du noch eine vollständge gebrauchte Version von HeroQuest Advanced Quest (einfach nur Hero Quest in DE) bekommst: Das ist mE das beste Dungeon Crawl das du bekommen kannst.

Ansonsten gefällt mir Mice and Mystics sehr, allerdings ist es recht Story lastig, dafür aber was für die ganze Familie, da das Setting doch sehr süß ist und die Regeln nicht ganz so kompliziert wie bei Descent sind.

Dark Darker Darkest würde vielleicht noch gehen. Bis zu vier Spieler gegen das Spiel. Es ist ziemlich schwierig und das Haus sieht jedesmal anders aus. Aber so viel zu erkunden gibt es nicht und das Regelwerk ist echt bescheiden. Auch fehlen öfter mal Teile und der Kundendienst ist unter aller Sau. Queens Games halt.

Falls es etwas sinnloser sein darf: Munchkin Quest. Hat halt die üblichen Probleme eines Munchkin-Spiels aber ist dafür recht witzig. Hat aber nur Pappaufsteller statt Miniaturen falls ich mich richtig entsinne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.