Subject: Signs your crappy narrative isn't working.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pretty damn funny.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/17/bill-nye-tells-msnbc-to-sa...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Signs your crappy narrative isnt working....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shock...science guy says science is not that black and white.

His is not saying that colder temperatures are not due to global warming, he is addressing arseholes who say "but how can the world be getting warmer, it's cold". In fact he makes it clear that he is saying that as global warming takes effect we will see climate change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't you afraid of some kind of recursive space warp with as self-referential a title as that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

How can you not love a cute little guy who claims that "we" need conservatives to help us as well. So cute. Here's my favorite quote from the article/video:

Quote:
“So when the climate changes, some places get colder,” Nye added. “And the thing that’s really consistent with climate change models is this variance where it’s cold, it’s warm, it’s cold, it’s warm… So what I would hope for, my dream, Joy, is that you all, you and the news business would just say the word climate change.”

Gee, cold, warm, cold warm. So unlike the world we grew up in, you know, before the conservatives all bought SUV's and made it cold-warm-cold-warm. I also noticed he's using the silver bullet of AGW.... which is "97%".

When I was a kid it only too "3 out of 4" doctors, dentists, experts, whatever, to create a sense of purpose in the milling herds of humanity. But now, we have had to up the game to 97%. Klaven explains it nicely here, right at the end -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

The article doesn't make any sense at all.

Global warming (the greenhouse effect) creates climate change (which includes more cold temperatures and winter storms, in some cases). This isn't even confusing, unless you want to try to be confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

The article doesn't make any sense at all.

Global warming (the greenhouse effect) creates climate change (which includes more cold temperatures and winter storms, in some cases). This isn't even confusing, unless you want to try to be confused.

/facepalm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.