Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Povey
United Kingdom
Haslingden
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am the US player and choose the event how does this card work?

1. Do I then play ops and choose Assault (and can I then follow up with special op?)
2. Do I just get 2 assaults in non-lowland areas?
3. Because a capabilities token is flipped does this mean that the advantage of the card can be used 'from now on'?

I am also assuming a city does not constitute a lowland area (since it is likely built up with surfaces capable of withstanding the tanks)

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris District
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. M 48 Patton is a capability card, which means nothing happens when you take the event, but the card has a lasting effect for the rest of the game. In other words, on the turn that you play the card, you don't do anything other than put the capability marker on the board. But then you basically have a special ability for the rest of the game.

2. On any subsequent turn that the US conducts an assault operation, you can choose any number of spaces for your assault, as usual. Then, you can choose any two of those assault spaces (not lowlands) and remove two additional enemy units.

3. Cities are cities. They are not lowlands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.