Popular Tags: [View All]
JonGetsGames
United States
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure I have the rules correct, but want to be 100% sure and I feel like the more rules question posts I read the less sure it gets. So please reference the below picture for my question:

When I am checking to see if a temple is above,below,left,or right from an icon do I consider the temple to fully occupy the RED sized region or do I refer to the BLUE sized region?

I've been playing that it is RED, but looking at the dotted lines on the starting Thera tile makes me worried that this might not actually be the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Cormier
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The red sized region is correct! That's why we added the dotted lines on the tiles - to help players know if something is to one side of it or not.

To clarify further - you can't place a temple on the same 'quadrant' (red area) if there's a terrain icon there - AND you're using that terrain icon to locate that temple. Because that temple is not N,E,W or S of that terrain icon.

Make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonGetsGames
United States
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcormier wrote:
The red sized region is correct! That's why we added the dotted lines on the tiles - to help players know if something is to one side of it or not.

To clarify further - you can't place a temple on the same 'quadrant' (red area) if there's a terrain icon there - AND you're using that terrain icon to locate that temple. Because that temple is not N,E,W or S of that terrain icon.

Make sense?

Phew! yeah it makes sense. I figured the edges of the tiles themselves were probably there to mark a border, but then I realized the Thera tile doesn't have any dotted lines going directly down the middle of each side and got worried. I filmed a play through all afternoon yesterday and halfway through editing it I suddenly realized I might have completely screwed it up and would have to start over. Very happy to see thats not the case!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HappyHexagon wrote:
I realized the Thera tile doesn't have any dotted lines going directly down the middle of each side and got worried.

You can't place a temple on Thera, so the lines are unnecessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbolo Gaming
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy moly! I've just realised I've been playing it wrong. Me and my girlfriend were playing it using the entire island the temple was placed as the direction boundary, not just where the temple was placed!

This may explain why it was so hard for us to finish! Such a great game though, looking forward to playing it properly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
HappyHexagon wrote:
I realized the Thera tile doesn't have any dotted lines going directly down the middle of each side and got worried.

You can't place a temple on Thera, so the lines are unnecessary.

Actually, they're not unnecessary. I also wondered why there are no dotted lines that cut through the main tile in 4 directions, since there are small portions of outer islands (other than Thera) that are split into 2 quadrants (it matters in case you're excavating a Temple in one of those islands - which you CAN do). So it would make it easier and less confusing if there'd be dotted lines along the 4 directions of the main tile, at least starting in the circunference along to the edges of the tile, so that it would divide each small island into two separate quadrants
(picture below to help getting my point across):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.