United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Are you up for a game of Wellington?
badge
I really do have a wonderful life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Malloc popped into my cube for our lunch game selection and he decided that he would like to break out Shakespeare the Bard Game. VuduJoie was back for more, as was Stephen. We made our way to the mall, set up, and began the game. We set our play time to one hour, which is a very convenient portion of the rules.

The last time I had played this game, we went with a two player contest, so I was curious as to how four players would affect game play. My first play was Anthony and Cleopatra, a point magnet with a cost of 12, two patrons, four actors, and four props. I knew already which play I needed to land at the Globe, but first I would need to get the right equipment (and cash) to put the play on.

Stephen, the youngest, started us off and was able to produce the first play after a number of turns. He made his way to the Crown and put on one of the Henry's for thirty points. His acting troop was all made up of three-point actors, which helped his numbers along.

Malloc was beset by fate throughout the game, easily rolling an F on his first six turns. The Fate cards are not as bad as all that, however, but they do tend to limit your moves. Malloc was able to get off a play at the Globe for 43 points, but by that time Stephen had a second play out and managed 44 points.

A fate card game be Henry the IV part II, which I was able to produce at the Crown for 28 points, then gain another 44 points when I put on Anthony and Cleopatra at the Globe. With 72 points, I was sitting pretty with about ten minutes left in the game as we all rushed back to Shakespeare's rooms to pick up another play.

VuduJoie did not join our game until we were five turns in, but he was interested in brawling. He lost both of them, which benefited me with an actor while his brawl with Stephen merely satisfied honor as no one rolled over 8. Vudu slipped into the Globe and managed a performance, although the points were not enough to put him into contention.

As the minutes ticked away, Stephen slipped once more into the Crown as brought his total to 76 points. I had a play, but needed too many things to pull it off and there was not enough time.

Everyone agreed that Shakespeare the Bard Game will see plenty of play on our lunch time tables. I shall try to report the sessions here as we play them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.