Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Grognard [+] wargames [+] [View All]
John Mendenhall
United States
Unspecified
DE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Stumbled on this list the other day, I have no idea who the original author is, but if you do please give them credit in this thread.

Show me a computer

-- that will say, "Really beautiful paint job on those Pathans."

-- that will pull its hair and make gargling sounds when its crack unit fires a volley and gets zero hits.

-- that will stop at a Middle Eastern food store to get snacks for the Colonials game

-- that will supply everybody with funky hats appropriate to the game's period

-- that will stay up all night painting weird figures and making props for some scenario inspired by a Monty Python skit

-- that will say, "remember that game where Lord Gordon charged the baggage train and got pulled off his horse and strangled with a bowstring by some nameless archer in pajamas?"

-- that will shoot your hotshot gunfighter off the roof of the saloon, and insist that you replay the fall in slow motion, Sam Peckinpaugh-style.

-- that will take a pottery course with his wife and come back with a kiln-fired ceramic Foreign Legion outpost

-- that refers to your Dixon samurai as "the Elmer Fudd ronin"

-- that will pass out broomhandle-Mauser water pistols to the German players

-- that will humor your fetishes by building a cardboard steam-tank for the great landships game because he knows you will humor his with a cardboard native sailboat for the giant Nile battle.

-- that will notice that inverted Yoplait containers would make perfect towers for that native hill-fort

-- that will cry out in despair, "They're all dead, and I only painted them last night!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah! But I never seen a computer get Cheetos dust and spill their Coke all over my brand new game!

(But I still rather play ftf!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also:

Show me a computer that understands inside jokes.

-that will remind me (without me telling it to) that it is 1AM and I have to be up for work, tomorrow.

-that can quote phrases from Star Wars, Invader Zim, all your base, Princess Bride, ect. at the appropriate times.

-that rolls its random numbers where I can see them.

-that will play with house rules we just made up.

-that can be talked into attacking someone else (instead of me!) during its turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mendenhall
United States
Unspecified
DE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
-when the random element of an angry, ignored cat disrupts the lines of advance in your master final crushing manuever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Show me a computer game where players can actually talk to each other.

Bottom line:

Computer games are great when the game is of sufficient complexity to benefit from one.

Otherwise, they suck compared to tabletop games (unless you want to play with/by yourself).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.