Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Hermagor» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some rule doubts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
costa
Portugal
Vieira de Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Hi,
I just got my copy of HERMAGOR which was bought at Essen by a friend.

I have been reading the rules and i am very impressed with the game. I haven't played it yet, but it seems really amazing.
Congratulations Emanuele.

Now for some clarifications about the rules:

1) When ending the 2nd phase, the player with lowest number tile has the chance to choose the new start player. Does the new "start player" begins the play in the next phase (3rd phase)? Or he must wait for the neXt turn?

2) In the phase III (selling to villages) each player does one action at a time until all actions are done. There are 4 possible actions: movement with selling, selling without movement, movement without selling and passing. But what determines the end of an action? Is it possible to sell twice in only one action? Must the player announce first what kind of action will he perform? If reaching a village with no trade station of its color can i move forward or must he stay there and build one?

3) At the end of a turn, does the merchant return to Hermagor? Or he stays where he is and than play from there?

4) After completing a region that has more than one production buildings the player puts a wooden disc in the highest available space of the row of the one product of his choice. This means that will not be able to purchase another of the two remaining production buildings, right? I'll try to make an example: one given player completes a region which has production buildings of salt and maze. He chooses salt, therefore he puts a wooden disc on salt's row. But since the region is already completed i presume that he will not be able to score maze anymore, at least in that given region, right?

5) The game ends when the last action tile is turned up. So we'll have 4 turns in a 4-5 player game and 5 turns in a 2-3 player game? When turning the last action tile (phase one) the game ends immediately or are players allowed the play till the end of phase 3 of that final turn?

I believe that these are all my doubts. After this i will be able to play the game. And boy, am i waiting to do so...

gaming regards to you all,
luis costa
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Rampazzo
Italy
Padua
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
HI, I reply to you between quotes....

fs1973 wrote:

1) When ending the 2nd phase, the player with lowest number tile has the chance to choose the new start player. Does the new "start player" begins the play in the next phase (3rd phase)? Or he must wait for the neXt turn?

No, he starts to be the starting player (uh!) right away, he will be the first moving his merchant and, more important, he will be the first placing the buyer in the marketplace.....
fs1973 wrote:

2) In the phase III (selling to villages) each player does one action at a time until all actions are done. There are 4 possible actions: movement with selling, selling without movement, movement without selling and passing. But what determines the end of an action? Is it possible to sell twice in only one action? Must the player announce first what kind of action will he perform? If reaching a village with no trade station of its color can i move forward or must he stay there and build one?

Like in most games like "Thurn und Taxis", just for example, the actions of someone explain what he is doing. So, if in my turn I move and sell i'm eventually gonna collect my money minus the expenses for the road. If I move, i will only pay. If I sell i'm gonna take the whole money, if i pass.... ok, you got it.
And yes you can make the travel as long as you want, don't restrain yourself only to a city.
fs1973 wrote:

3) At the end of a turn, does the merchant return to Hermagor? Or he stays where he is and than play from there?

Stays there, ready for the next turn, and giving the players indication on what they have to get on the marketplace....
fs1973 wrote:

4) After completing a region that has more than one production buildings the player puts a wooden disc in the highest available space of the row of the one product of his choice. This means that will not be able to purchase another of the two remaining production buildings, right? I'll try to make an example: one given player completes a region which has production buildings of salt and maze. He chooses salt, therefore he puts a wooden disc on salt's row. But since the region is already completed i presume that he will not be able to score maze anymore, at least in that given region, right?

Yes that's correct....
fs1973 wrote:

5) The game ends when the last action tile is turned up. So we'll have 4 turns in a 4-5 player game and 5 turns in a 2-3 player game? When turning the last action tile (phase one) the game ends immediately or are players allowed the play till the end of phase 3 of that final turn?

Until the end of the turn, then they do the scoring....
Bye
Rampa
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
costa
Portugal
Vieira de Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Thnks Rampa,

I'm ready for my first try of this game. I believe it will be great.

gaming regards,
luis costa
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You didn't answer part of his question 2 but I think the answer is self evident.

He asked if you can sell more than once in a village.
I believe the correct interpretation is that you can only sell ONE tile per action (which consumes the Trade token).

Basically one action lets you be in one place where you can make one sale. You will have to pay any road costs to get there and will receive any profits from the sale.

I do have a follow up question. We play that if you MOVE-SELL you must have the money to pay for the road BEFORE you sell and receive income. (To make it simple we just verify this and then only exchange the difference in sums to make change handling easier). We also use poker chips for the money as it is much easier to handle (but a little harder to hide!)

I have played once so far and am very pleased with the game!

regards
DragonCat
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Ornella
Germany
Malschenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonCat wrote:
You didn't answer part of his question 2 but I think the answer is self evident.

He asked if you can sell more than once in a village.
I believe the correct interpretation is that you can only sell ONE tile per action (which consumes the Trade token).

Basically one action lets you be in one place where you can make one sale. You will have to pay any road costs to get there and will receive any profits from the sale.


Excatly. With one action you have to consume one Trade Station. If you sell you just place it on the Village where you have sold. Otherwise it returns to the supply.
Can be only one Trade Station of one color per Village. Infact it indicates that you cannot sell anymore in that Village.

DragonCat wrote:

I do have a follow up question. We play that if you MOVE-SELL you must have the money to pay for the road BEFORE you sell and receive income. (To make it simple we just verify this and then only exchange the difference in sums to make change handling easier). We also use poker chips for the money as it is much easier to handle (but a little harder to hide!)


My idea is that if you have not enough money to move you should go to sell in any case. This should happens normally only on the very first actions otherwise it means you have almost 0 cash (that are victory points at the end) even during the game, while other players increase their cash...
So just use as you said: if you have not enough money for the travel, you just compute the difference and take the difference from the bank.


Cheers,
emanuele
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.