Darrin Miedema
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I love Agricola. It's my favorite game. However, I love to play games with my wife and it's a bit too much for her, (despite putting up a respectable 29 in her first and only play of it). This looks like it would be perfect for a faster, simpler version that my wife would enjoy.

In looking at Rahdo's run through of the base game, I'm thinking I'd like to add an expansion right out of the gate for this one. However, I don't want to drop $50 to get the base game plus both expansions. So...if I can only get one expansion, which one should I get?

Actually, i guess the first question is if you can even use the "Even more" expansion without first having the "More buildings" expansion.

Thoughts and recommendations appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lockard
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the first expansion is best - and the only one you need, frankly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Fish
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can play "Even More" without "More" - there really no They both include 1) an extra farm expansion 2) an extra stall tile 3) 27 additional special buildings that are all stand-alones.

I haven't played them enough to have an opinion about which one has a better/cooler/more fun set of 27 additional special buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Either will do the job of providing some variability from game to game. I'd just get whichever you can find most easily/cheaply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the buildings in the first expansion a little bit more, but either one is fine. The rules have you use the base 4 special buildings from the original set plus 4 more from the expansion, but we just mix all the buildings up and draw a random 8 to use. Works well, and you don't need to worry about keeping the different sets separate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Get the first one.

Then if you are playing the game a lot still in six months get the second one.

The first one has the better set of buildings overall (I think this and it seems to be the consensus here), but the second one has some really powerful/high value buildings that are cool if you can take advantage of them without hurting the basic strategy of the game.

We are 95+ plays into this game. The first half with only the first expansion and the second half with both. However, we only play with 4 extra buildings rather than 4 from each (like Mr. Blue mentions above.) We feel it keeps it tighter only having the four from the base game and four the the expansions instead of 4 and 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What??
in my copy all four expansion boards are identical.

Oh, wait. Maybe I misunderstand the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh? Everyone's talking about the special buildings that come with the expansions, not the farm extension strips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.