Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Horvath
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During a three player game last night an interesting thematic coincidence occurred, where after purchasing the John Brown abolitionist card and purchasing a token at discount the next card resolved happened to be Harpers Ferry. Thematically this was pretty cool. John Brown thinks armed insurrection is the way to end slavery so by supporting his cause he can then raid the Harpers Ferry armory. It did raise one rule question though, as per Harpers Ferry any abolitionist cards to the left of this card are discarded, so are the cards to the left of the spot that John Brown was in discarded or because it was resolved off the top of the deck, no cards are discarded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooo, great situation. Opposition events will get placed in the spot where John Brown was. In this situation, Harpers Ferry would trigger based on where John Brown was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Horvath
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks for the quick response. Looking through the cards this is a fairly rare and unique situation since Harpers Ferry is the only non-Opposition card with any spatial dependence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michail Giannis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question about the Harpers Ferry.

When it triggers i buy a token AND discard any cards to the left of this card. They do not trigger.

If one of those card to be discarded is a red opposition card it still counts as being removed from the game and it takes effect huh?

Because in my last game that Harpers Ferry discarded the Fugitive Slave Act and i think i lost the game....because i played that it did took effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Opposition Cards discarded from harpers ferry do not trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.