Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lloyd Crosby
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When will Snakes and Lattes be sending out the version to Canadian backers and be available in stores?
I've watched how to videos and a number of unboxing videos and I really want to get my copy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Wood
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest KS Update (10/2/15) wrote:
For Canada, we are booking Canadian fulfillment through Snakes and Lattes, so that you can avoid those Canadian Customs fees and also have less chance of the boxes taking damage. It will take us another week to set this up, but it shouldn't be much longer.

Given that the week mentioned above is up, it shouldn't be much longer for backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brennan
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm as far as I know, it already is available in Canada. My copy from greatboardgames.com shipped today...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Q You
Canada
MISSISSAUGA
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed as well in ONT
But i shipped it to Buffalo, drove there to shop.
Pick up my games.
came home with it this Monday! :)

I also got my copy of Mancer expansion from Bliss last night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd Crosby
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad jealousy! devil Back in the corner. Be happy for those that have the game and are enjoying it. Good boy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought mine at my FLGS on Thursday, Feb 11 - over a week ago

Vancouver BC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Nolto
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been tempted to buy any of the many copies available in Canada and then just sell my kickstarted copy whenever it does arrive. But, it feels too wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Courtney Gebhart
United States
Westlake
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
The lack of any information from lvl99 is the most irksome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted Snakes and Lattes who are the Canadian fulfillment partners for this on the 18th of February and they were pretty sure it hadn't arrived in Canada yet. The gentleman I spoke with said they've received items at their warehouse in Buffalo but wasn't 100% sure if Argent was one of them.

He said they'd be bringing things over the border later in the week (weekend?). So my interpretation is that if it is Argent that's there, then we are seeing, at minimum, packages being sent out middle of this week to start arriving to Canadian backers late this week or early in the first week of March, 3 weeks after it hit retail in Canada. LAME.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tsui
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Perhaps it's because I have not backed that many KS projects and was spoiled by Stonemaier Games' Tsucany project, which offered numerous updates and compensations during the shipping phase (especially when it was delayed to Canada), I find the lack of communication during this stage to be annoying. We don't even know if those boxes are with the fulfillment, on the way, or still sitting with Level 99 games.

Yes, KS is not a pre-order service, but I can't help but to also worry about the Pixel Tactics KS that I also backed, and I definitely will be thinking twice before backing other Level 99 KS projects. After all, I can just get it from FLGS/Online stores before all the backers in Canada get it, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, no update in two weeks except "We've finished shipping Argent" in the newsletter isn't really cool. And games hitting EU and Canada retail weeks before EU and Canada backers get their games, at a lower price, isn't giving much of a reason to back future projects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point, unless they give some cool KS exclusives, there is literally no incentive whatsoever for international people to back future Level 99 Games products. The large US customer base will ensure that the games get funded and then the rest of the world can get the games cheaper and faster than if they back it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Wood
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest KS Update (from today) wrote:

Dear Backers,

Our EU and Canadian pledges have been on the road for a bit now, and we hope to see some notices going out in the next week for Canada, and in the next 2-3 weeks for Europe (since the trip across the Atlantic is longer).

We know that games have reached the freight forwarders of both our EU and Canadian shipping partners, so we expect to hear some updates on delivery to their warehouses pretty soon.

Some Notes on Early Delivery and Pricing Concerns

A lot of backers have mentioned that games have shown up in their local game stores already, or are available below the KS price at online discounters. Because of this, many people are getting Argent sooner or cheaper than backers in some locales.

The Hobby Game Distribution Industry is a complex and efficient machine. We released the games for distribution once we shipped the USA copies out, not realizing how quickly they would reach Europe and Canada. Personally, I don't see it as a concern when stores or friends get a game cheaper or faster than me--I pay what I'm comfortable paying directly to creators to support their endeavors, and I see my part in their success as the reward in and of itself--but I understand that it can upset some folks, and so I wanted to take a few moments to address it.

Backing on Kickstarter is a way to support projects you care about, meet the designers and producers of these works, and get a few cool promotional items in the process. It is not a way to get the game at an especially low price or ahead of anyone else. The value of Kickstarter is in communication with project creators, in helping to expand the game with stretch goals, and in seeing the game come to life through the production process. Being part of all the raw process of the production--glitches and rough edges and all--is what backing the Kickstarter project is about. Over the past year, we've gotten early looks at the art and box contents, spent time together in live chats and on the comment board, answered questions, and explained what is happening and why at each step of the way. I feel that being a part of the game is more than just owning the game, and that's the value that Kickstarter provides, and that we've tried to provide here. Every backer who has supported Argent is directly responsible for its existence, and there's nowhere else you could have done that.

We do what we can in terms of delivery and price, but distributors and online game stores exist to fulfill this purpose, and we truly can't compete with them in this arena. I don't intend for our Kickstarter projects to be met with the same attitude or expectations as a pre-order system. We specifically avoid making low price guarantees or early delivery guarantees, because we know that we can't, given the distribution system we work within. Please understand that backing a project is a show of support, not an early access pass or a discount coupon.

We approach your pledge as a show of support for Level 99 Games, and so we want to do everything we can to make those who have supported us happy with that decision.

In Europe and Canada, we're happy to offer refunds if you have not received your shipping notice yet, so that you can support your local game store or get the rock-bottom price offered by an online game store in your region. Send us a KS mail or email us at kickstarter@level99games.com and let us know your paypal address and what you pledged for. It may take a little while to hear back from us, due to the time difference and the volume of emails we receive, but we will get to each one in time, and we'll do the best we can to make everyone happy.

I appreciate everyone who has supported the project, and I hope that we can address concerns so that each backer has a good experience with the game and feels comfortable with what he or she has paid for it. Please let us know directly if there's anything we can fix for you, and we'll do whatever we can to make it right.

Thanks again for supporting us in this endeavor,

- Brad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd Crosby
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not mean for this thread to turn into a dump on Level 99. I love everything they have put out and am happy to support future projects.
All I was looking for was an update on the release date in Canada which they have now provided.
It was with good intentions that Snakes and Lattes was involved to reduce the issues to end users of product coming across the border. This is commendable and I applaud Level 99 for thinking to do this for their backers in Canada.
Level 99 will learn from this experience and be better with the next project.

Please keep up the good work, the quality of your products keeps me a loyal supporter.

Lloyd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Viddal
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Eustace
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheeseburger wrote:
At this point, unless they give some cool KS exclusives, there is literally no incentive whatsoever for international people to back future Level 99 Games products. The large US customer base will ensure that the games get funded and then the rest of the world can get the games cheaper and faster than if they back it.

For me there is still plenty of incentive. Level99 gets more of the money I pay for the game, so I'm giving them more direct support. I understand that other people place higher value on price, exclusives or getting the game first, but for me it's about supporting a company that I trust to deliver a product I will enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right from Brad: "they are now in the hands of our delivery agency in Canada, and fulfillment will start on Monday "

Woo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd Crosby
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Kickstarter comments.

Creator David B. Talton Jr.

We have a quick update for Canadian backers.
Due to the winter storm last week, games did not reach Canada as we had previously believed. Snakes and Lattes is now projecting that all backers in Canada will have their games between March 9th and 12th.
Please look out for an email from them soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Form the latest update, EU shipping 'should begin at the start of April'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping the March 9-12 is accurate since I'll be at GAMA the next week and don't want to see it get sent back :S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone recieve shipping notifications yet? If not I feel the 9th is an optimistic outlook for starting delivery since I just got notification from Snakes and Lattes that March of Ants shipped and is expected on the 10th in Nova Scotia. Thus Argent will be at LEAST the 11th for me if I were to recieve notice tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Courtney Gebhart
United States
Westlake
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Anyone have notification yet?

This seems to be a bit of a gong show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Snakes and Lattes who are doing fulfillment:

"We begin shipment on Monday. Depending on where you are located the games should arrive within 2 - 6 business days of shipment.

Once your items are shipped, you will receive tracking information."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Nolto
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuesday now. No notification for me. Has anyone from Canada received a notification?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Nolto
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New information: I just received a notification from Snakes and Lattes that my order is being shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Viddal
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Eustace
mbmbmbmbmb
Nolto wrote:
New information: I just received a notification from Snakes and Lattes that my order is being shipped.

Ditto. Can't wait for it to get here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.