Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Berger
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an English translation of the rules, but some of it is a little confusing, particularly the special rules for the first round of a heat. Can anyone tell me if I have this correct?

In a round, players may place a bet, then must reveal two cards from their hand. However, in the first round, if a player places a bet they put their risk counter under it. Furthermore, no cards are revealed in the first round.

Do I have this right? So it may be that nothing at all happens in the first round (if all players decline to place a bet). This seems a bit strange, but if correct, perhaps it's easier to say (when teaching the game) that before the heat begins, there's a special round where players may place a betting disk with their risk counter under it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we figured this out correctly last night Joe - the point of the special betting round is that it's the *only* time you can place your risk chip. So effectively you get an extra bet for being prepared to bet with little information.

Wow, first post in this forum for 5 years, and the previous one was 6 years before that!

*tumbleweed*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Berger
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and we've answered it ourselves!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it bagged me an entry on the 'games only you played this month' geeklist

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.