Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't been able to play much or keep up with the meta in a while, but today I saw Jinteki.net and itched to experiment between being too busy solving game design puzzles. So I threw together a MaxX Eater deck to see what all the fuss was about.

I came up against a Jinteki RP deck, which I thought was gonna tax the crap out of me. I didn't manage to get much economy (They all went to the trash, SO ANARCH), and smart upgrades + assets placement meant that I couldn't really land a Siphon for a long long time.

Installed a Box-E (still wondering if it's worth it, + hand size + 2MU for 1 influence + 4 creds seemed like a good deal), got up to a good hand, but couldn't find my breaker yet. Time to go poking... And hit a Komainu. Pow! There goes my hand.

Then somewhere down the road I played an Amped Up, wanting to follow up with draws (I was desperate for something, can't remember what) and completely forgot that it whacked my lone Eater from my hand.

Then I ran into another Komainu with 6 cards.

R&D Empty. Last 6 cards. Draw - Levy AR. THANK FUCK. Reset my deck.

By that time there were a billion points in Archives thanks to Eater + Keyhole, but there were ICE + Nisei on Archives.

With the clock ticking down (I blew his last few points from HQ with a Wanton Destruction), he had a Wraparound on a remote, and I was broke and running out of cards and options. Well, actually, empty stack. I Keyholed R&D again... Third Komainu. I had Eater out and 6 credits. I wanted to get into Archives somehow... So, fuck it, 6 more cards, the last of my cards, bye!

But then I managed to mill him down to 2 card in R&D, after which he drew one and couldn't close out the game despite an impenetrable fortress. (I was broke and cardless).

Man MaxX is hilarious. She just rolls with shit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hany Hebisha
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 words: Hades Shard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wanderingmystic
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend loves to mess with Government Takeover and advanceable traps in his Weyland deck (and installing it naked, advancing, and holding Punitives). He actually tried to score it out against a MaxX deck I made just for fun, since I had only eater (and his scoring server was double iced to protect against lone Knights).

Dropped a suprise Singularity on the remote and blew it up. Continued hitting RnD with keyhole, and dropped the surprise Hades Shard for the win a turn later. (turns out what I thought was a face-down Jackson in a remote wasn't, so Hades Shard was overkill).

MaxX is insane, no doubt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.