Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: That's it, 3x Lotus Fields per deck (meta) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Aldershof II
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
Dude, this Anarch stuff is going out of control.

I have been using 1x Quandary, 1x Enigma, 1x Lotus Field to give my self a break and have some variance when it comes to having to pay to rez some ICE.

But man the Anarchs are out and about! I keep running into situations where I have Lotus Field as my protection for HQ or a scoring remote, but they just keep coming with parasite after parasite. I played today and a guy came at me with Yog.0, I was like Dafuq?

These anarchs are going to have to learn the hard way, 3x Lotus Field from now on!

Thanks for reading and Laters...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L S
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If only spooned wasn't a thing then your plan might actually work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Aldershof II
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
Ha! That's funny, and depressing at the same time. I guess that's why I get happy and then I get sad, stupid Asymmetrical Game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedraum
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played against an Edward Kim deck today that ran Personal touch on Yog.0. Made my rsvp & lotus field very sad.

Anarchs these days!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
cardsbydizzle wrote:
I played against an Edward Kim deck that ran Personal touch on Yog.0. Made my rsvp & lotus field very sad.

Anarchs these days!

I do this. Very dangerous and very fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Aldershof II
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
Yeah I knew this was coming too... (Yoga.0 & Person Touch)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoshi
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cardsbydizzle wrote:
I played against an Edward Kim deck today that ran Personal touch on Yog.0. Made my rsvp & lotus field very sad.

Anarchs these days!

Yeah, it's like they've forgotten their ways, poser the bunch of them, applying mods to breakers and thinking ahead, now if that is not the anarch way then I don't know what's not.

In a recent tourney I put my Agenda behind a single paper wall against a breakerless Anarch. They run the remote 2nd click, bounce off of the Paper Wall. "Sweet!", I think to myself, now he can not get that agenda this turn and I will socre it. Nope, they install knight on 3rd, Amped up on fourth, Knight the Paper Wall on 5th and run the remote on sixth, breakign the Wall with Knight and stealing the agenda.

Now they just payed for a single use knight, took a brain damage and used up their entire turn + some to steal one agenda, with no regard for their own safety, boardstate or future, now THAT is how u Anarch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Y00shi wrote:
Now they just payed for a single use knight, took a brain damage and used up their entire turn + some to steal one agenda, with no regard for their own safety, boardstate or future, now THAT is how u Anarch

Y00shi wrote:
THAT is how u Anarch

Reading this made my day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Y00shi wrote:
cardsbydizzle wrote:

Anarchs these days!

Yeah, it's like they've forgotten their ways, poser the bunch of them, applying mods to breakers and thinking ahead, now if that is not the anarch way then I don't know what's not.

In a recent tourney I put my Agenda behind a single paper wall against a breakerless Anarch. They run the remote 2nd click, bounce off of the Paper Wall. "Sweet!", I think to myself, now he can not get that agenda this turn and I will socre it. Nope, they install knight on 3rd, Amped up on fourth, Knight the Paper Wall on 5th and run the remote on sixth, breakign the Wall with Knight and stealing the agenda.

Absolutely true

I feel like the new Anarch toys fit perfectly with a new playstyle that's neither Shaper nor Criminal. Well done FFG for that. Playing MaxX, I emptied my stack twice, because I ate three full Komainus with seven card hands, and dropped my last Eater because Amped Up, and I still managed to Keyhole-deck the corp. It was nuts.

But I also feel like they've gone a bit too far with the power levels - the new Anarchs stuff are now a bit too over the top powerful.

Time for some corp side rebalancing, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wanderingmystic
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frybender wrote:

Been stated recently, on the Terminal7 podcast I believe, that Rainbow makes a great anti-cutlery card. Not to mention it's cheap tax that holds up well against parasites. It will eat any cutlery run card played on that server, so feel free to stack them on the outermost to your heart's content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
wanderingmystic wrote:
frybender wrote:

Been stated recently, on the Terminal7 podcast I believe, that Rainbow makes a great anti-cutlery card. Not to mention it's cheap tax that holds up well against parasites. It will eat any cutlery run card played on that server, so feel free to stack them on the outermost to your heart's content.

If you're running cutlery the right play is knifed/forked->spooned. Eat the rainbow with something other than the spoon and then go in for the lotus kill.

Aside, I love these cutlery and the way they have a lot of back and forth on both sides. This is a true perfect imbalance situation that's good for the game. Each side has incremental adjustments they can make that are very circular during game play (not during deck building) and it leads to a healthy back and forth that isn't random like an enforced psi game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedraum
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Y00shi wrote:
THAT is how u Anarch

Love it. Got another story for you.

I'm playing Maxx against HB & we are both at match point. He installs what I can only assume is the winning agenda in a 4 deep remote. He also has a scored Project Wotan w/ all 3 counters. I have an Eater, a Keyhole, and Femme out (not targeting any of the remote ICE). Things don't look so hot.

Click 1: do something.
Click 2: run remote. He rezzes a Heimdall 1.0 (using up all his creds) adding 1 end the run w/ Project Wotan. I pause for a few moments, then eat the brain damage (# 1).
Click 3: play amped up (brain damage # 2)

back to 4 clicks remaining
Click 1: run the remote again & he adds the remaining to counters from Project Wotan. I eat the brain damage (#3) & end the run.
Click 2: run the remote yet again, clicking through the end the runs (taking brain damage # 4) & scoring the agenda for the win.

THAT is how you Anarch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
The old break wall with head routine. I like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gumOnShoe wrote:
The old break wall with head routine. I like it.
Heimdall! Apply directly to forehead!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Doe
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Their is nothing wrong with Lotus Field being a 3x card.

The only mistake was making the Anarch breakers +datasucker cost so little influence.

Before Lotus almost every runner was running Yog, so how can the opposite be wrong for the corp?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls