Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is everyone's view of the difference between the personal Top 10 and the personal Hot 10 on the MyGeek page?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaky Ulnas
Canada
Steinbach
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Yet feet that wandering have gone
badge
Turn at last to home afar
mbmb
I think for some of these gamers with uber-collections their personal top 10 are their ten favorite games all time. Their hot 10 is the 10 games that they are most interested in right now, though these will probably not crack their top 10 of all time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone seems to use the Hot 10 list differently. I've seen some people use it to track games they're interested in getting (just like the wishlist). I've seen other people use it to track games they've played a lot in the past few months (just like the games played feature). I've used it for both of these functions in the past, but decided recently to just startin using it as my Personal Top 11-20 list because I was having trouble limiting myself to just 10 games, so I explained that was what I was doing in my profile and went with it. I think you should just use the Hot 10 list however you want, but it's nice when people explain how they're using it in their profile description, so others know if you're using it to track games you want, games you're playing a lot, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.