Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trouble with some of rules... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jovan Milojevic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We somehow have situation where one player got two Troll cards in his hands at the start of his turn. He already have one and then player who played before him pass him another. I don't remember how he got first troll, but probably some kind of draw two monster cards kind of situation.
What to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
Activate both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you can not have 2 of the same monster card..

if you draw one when you have one all ready i think you discard and draw again...

4 troll attacks would be horrible!

trying hard to think of s situation where he would have 1 before he go another..as the troll moves anti clock wise after its activation right?

i'm sure theres a way to brake it but its not coming to mind.

player a
player b troll
player c troll

player b activates all trolls it so troll B move to C and C moves to A then players C turn the same happens again..

if player b explored when he had a troll. and drew troll 3.. then its discard and redraw..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jovan Milojevic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trust me on this one... i don't remember how, but one player got two trolls at the same tame... and we're all like: "Well, this isn't covered in the rulebook!!!"whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some times when a monster card moves between players, which would allow for a card to appear twice in their list of monster/trap cards. I'd just play it by the rules, put the 2nd card in the row of monsters and then activate them twice that turn. Makes trolls ultra deadly.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Franklin1742 wrote:
Milarky wrote:

if you draw one when you have one all ready i think you discard and draw again...

trying hard to think of s situation where he would have 1 before he go another..as the troll moves anti clock wise after its activation right?

player a
player b troll
player c troll

player b activates all trolls it so troll B move to C and C moves to A then players C turn the same happens again..

if player b explored when he had a troll. and drew troll 3.. then its discard and redraw..

Can't see either. During your turn, if you have a Troll you can't take another. At the end of your turn you pass to player on your right, who can't already have one since she passed it to the right at the end of her previous turn, either to you (2 player game) or to another player (who can't already have one because he...etc). No. your example is right.

This isn't quite accurate. There's nothing in the rules that disallows having 2 of the same card. What the rules specifically state is that, during the Exploration Phase, "If you draw a Monster card that matches a Monster you already control, discard that Monster card and draw again." (pg 7 of the rulebook) The rule, therefore, is only applicable when you're drawing a monster card during the exploration phase. If some other game mechanic gives you a second monster card of that same type, then that's perfectly legal.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Franklin1742 wrote:
Milarky wrote:

player a
player b troll
player c troll

Can't see either. During your turn, if you have a Troll you can't take another. At the end of your turn you pass to player on your right, who can't already have one since she passed it to the right at the end of her previous turn, either to you (2 player game) or to another player (who can't already have one because he...etc). No. your example is right.

This isn't quite accurate. There's nothing in the rules that disallows having 2 of the same card. What the rules specifically state is that, during the Exploration Phase, "If you draw a Monster card that matches a Monster you already control, discard that Monster card and draw again." (pg 7 of the rulebook) The rule, therefore, is only applicable when you're drawing a monster card during the exploration phase. If some other game mechanic gives you a second monster card of that same type, then that's perfectly legal.

-shnar

While this post is correct, because the rules don't specify how the monster phase works with duplicate cards the entire situation is undefined in the rules. I houserule it so that if a player would pass a monster card to someone who already has that card, they pass it to the next player instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SlebRittie wrote:
shnar wrote:
Franklin1742 wrote:
Milarky wrote:

player a
player b troll
player c troll

-shnar

While this post is correct, because the rules don't specify how the monster phase works with duplicate cards the entire situation is undefined in the rules. I houserule it so that if a player would pass a monster card to someone who already has that card, they pass it to the next player instead.

I think I played it that way too, however thinking about it, I think I was wrong. The rules do state how to handle duplicate cards. Page 8 states, "Activate each Monster and Trap Card, in turn, in the order you drew them." (the assumption that if a card is passed is the same as drawing, otherwise this is an entirely moot point) So there's no exclusion if you have 2 of the same card. You simply activate them twice, in order of the cards as you received them. This does add the complicated two on the board, which means that they'd be activated 4 times (twice for each card)...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.