Hide
6 Posts

BattleCON: War of Indines» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Move the opponent towards the marker" effects rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kuro Kokon
msg tools
When a card (such as Tatsumi's Whirlpool, Tanis' Distressed and Alumis' Horrific) requires you to move an opponent towards a marker, which space is the furthest the opponent can move to?
The space adjacent the marker, or the space with the marker?

Also, I believe that you can't move the opponent past the marker when you're required to move him towards the marker.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
All those effects pull only 1 space at most. They all pull 1 space towards the marker as long as the opponent is not standing on the marker.
If the owner of the marker is standing on top of the marker, they can pull the opponent past the marker if the opponent is adjacent to them. They "hop" over the owner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nashiro Nitta
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So, if the opponent is already adjacent to the marker and you would move him towards the marker, you can move the opponent onto the marker?

By the way, Tanis' Distressed can move the opponent 2 spaces.
If the opponent is already adjacent to the marker, can you move him to the other side of the marker like this? (○ = spaces, O = opponent, M = marker, T = Tanis)
T○○OM○○ → T○○MO○○
If you can, I think it's kind of odd to call it "moving towards" the marker, but you can "advance" to behind the opponent, so I'm not sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand, yes, moving toward the market only indicates the original direction of movement when you start moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Springer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
^This

Direction of movement is always figured at the start of a movement effect. If an effect like Tanis' would pull/move you past a marker, then yes, you can do that, so long as the direction of movement stays consistent throughout the effect.

Ottavia Six and Voco, for examples, are rangers who want to be fairly far away from their opponents. Yet, they have effects that allow them to advance many spaces. It's for this purpose: you're intended to BEGIN movement heading towards the opponent, with the ultimate effect of moving past them and gaining distance.

Moving characters towards markers works the same way. You can always pull/push/move someone past the space that was used to determine direction of movement, so long as there's enough space and no other effects (like Joal's "opponents can't move past you" effect) prevent it.

I know that's dense, but I hope it helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuro Kokon
msg tools
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.