Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesus A. Perez
Spain
Madrid
Móstoles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could anybody that have a copy of Die Macher reprint comment something about components quality?

I heard about there was fabricated in China and the last experiences like El Grande Deccenial wasn´t very good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Die Macher reprint is of slightly better quality than the El Grande and Goa reprints. The box doesn't seem to be as flimsy, but still has the weird heavy linen finish. The tiles are nice and thick which puts it a notch above the El Grande reprint.

As for graphics, El Grande and Goa blow this one out of the water. However, once you get past the terrible box graphics, the components aren't all that bad, especially the money which is very nice!

Overall, they did a very servicable job, especially for their first production. Nothing spectacular, but I imagine that'll change with Mike Doyle on board for their next production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilder
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy today.

I'd say the componet quality is good. Nice wooden blocks, nice thick cardboard on the tiles and boards, well printed... I haven't opened the cards yet, but they look good from the outside.

The box is also sturdy. I'd say they did a good job from the quality perspective. I think that the tiles would split if bent, but that's true of most games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the original but had a chance to take a close look at the new version at Essen 06 this year. The quality looked just as good if not better than the original, and overall I felt the quality of the cards in the new version appeared better. The board layed flat with no visible warping and the box seemed sturdy and the same size as the original.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll add my pleasure to this thread.
As Chaddy stated, especially for a first go, these pieces are Quality for sure.
Now to get the rules down...which they did a nice thing by including a good old fashioned paper rulebook and a CD-Rom with tons of languages in a .pdf format. Nice touch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus A. Perez
Spain
Madrid
Móstoles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.