Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Spillman
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not looking for anything firm, just an idea of when to expect it? I signed up for notification, but there's been literally zero word.

All I want to do is give you my money!!! (And receive a quality product in return. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
therasim wrote:
Not looking for anything firm, just an idea of when to expect it? I signed up for notification, but there's been literally zero word.

All I want to do is give you my money!!! (And receive a quality product in return. )

Hee hee! Prefundia doesn't handle updates really well.

March 5 the Kickstarter will fire! We will be posting new/near-near-near final art, along with the rules, ahead of that launch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Spillman
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for the answer! And if I can be so bold to ask one more Q, any ideas on pricing and Tier levels? I'd like to budget now for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
therasim wrote:
Thank you so much for the answer! And if I can be so bold to ask one more Q, any ideas on pricing and Tier levels? I'd like to budget now for it.

I can tell you what our plan is but its subject to change...

Current plan is $59 MSRP. US backers are looking at $50 or less postage paid for backing. There will be a day 1 backer level that is REALLY cheap relative to the size of the game, $40 postage paid in the U.S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whistle Are you planning to visit CABS again between now and then, Dirk?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodolphe Duhil
France
Rambouillet
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and for Tesla Austrian/Croatian/Serbian/European backers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
zefquaavius wrote:

Sadly no. I have a family gathering this weekend and am at PrezCon selling War Stories: Liberty Road the following weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Messire wrote:
and for Tesla Austrian/Croatian/Serbian/European backers?

The second someone figures out how to get Tesla's concept for a teleportation device to work we will totally have free shipping to Europe too!

There will be shipping upcharges for a single copy ordered of:

$15 - Canada
$20 - EU
$30 - Rest of World
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Herreros
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that means it's not eurofriendly (shipped within EU)
So if it get's stopped at customs, it means paying the country VAT (around 20%) on the total cost including shipping plus a fixed fee.

That risk on top of a strong dollar prices me out. Maybe when it hits stores will consider it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dknemeyer wrote:
zefquaavius wrote:
Sadly no. I have a family gathering this weekend and am at PrezCon selling War Stories: Liberty Road the following weekend.

Oh no! I feared when I saw you, once I was well into a game, and then realized what you were playing, that I was missing a great opportunity. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gherreros wrote:
I guess that means it's not eurofriendly (shipped within EU)
So if it get's stopped at customs, it means paying the country VAT (around 20%) on the total cost including shipping plus a fixed fee.

That risk on top of a strong dollar prices me out. Maybe when it hits stores will consider it.

Our fulfillment partner is experienced at shipping in a way that avoids customs charges so at least that should not be a concern.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozgur ozubek
Turkey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dknemeyer wrote:
$30 - Rest of World

sad for Turkish fans
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

Given the current surge in positive energy generated, I’m hoping for a well conducted campaign. I cannot think watt resistance or negativity there might be for backing this on impulse, other than shocking charges perhaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wintermute wrote:
dknemeyer wrote:
$30 - Rest of World

sad for Turkish fans m

Apologies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Boyd
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:

Given the current surge in positive energy generated, I’m hoping for a well conducted campaign. I cannot think watt resistance or negativity there might be for backing this on impulse, other than shocking charges perhaps.

The sheer volume of punnage here was just too much to be absorbed by my feeble human brain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just watched the Rahdo video--this looks really interesting. I love the history of this time period. (Hope you include the solo rules as a stretch goal or something like that.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger S
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, solo rules would be great!

Do you know how long the campaign will run?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
schiavonir wrote:
Yeah, solo rules would be great!

Do you know how long the campaign will run?

Solo rules will be a candidate for the first expansion. We can't include them and hit our summer milestones. If we blow thru our planned stretch goals there will be a series of stretch goals focused on allowing backer input into aspects we make sure to include in the expansion.

The campaign begins on Thursday March 5 and ends on Thursday April 2. We started the production process a few weeks ago which will time the end of the Kickstarter campaign with when we need to lock quantities and pay the deposit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy M
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dknemeyer wrote:

The second someone figures out how to get Tesla's concept for a teleportation device to work we will totally have free shipping to Europe too!

$15 - Canada
$20 - EU
$30 - Rest of World

I was really looking forward to this one on Kickstarter after your interview on On Board Games, however the shipping price puts this over what I'd be prepared to pay for it. I'm worried about customs charges although you think it won't be an issue and the amount is far higher than I think is fair. There has been a tendency for US based kickstarters to charge fairly high prices for the game to be shipped to to the EU as well as being shipped to the local area, whereas it's free for US backers.

I'll look out for this at retail where it'll be cheaper from the local store or with free shipping!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wired84 wrote:
dknemeyer wrote:

$15 - Canada
$20 - EU
$30 - Rest of World

I was really looking forward to this one on Kickstarter after your interview on On Board Games, however the shipping price puts this over what I'd be prepared to pay for it. I'm worried about customs charges although you think it won't be an issue and the amount is far higher than I think is fair. There has been a tendency for US based kickstarters to charge fairly high prices for the game to be shipped to to the EU as well as being shipped to the local area, whereas it's free for US backers.

I'll look out for this at retail where it'll be cheaper from the local store or with free shipping!

Thanks Andy. Glad you are excited about the game!

We actually did manage to get the EU shipping down to $15 (Norway and Switzerland are more however). We also now are supporting some Asian countries (China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia) to $10 with other Asian countries at $25. Rest of the World remains at $30; Canada at $15.

It may not make a difference for you but want to get the most current info up. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy M
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dknemeyer wrote:
wired84 wrote:
dknemeyer wrote:

$15 - Canada
$20 - EU
$30 - Rest of World

We actually did manage to get the EU shipping down to $15 (Norway and Switzerland are more however). We also now are supporting some Asian countries (China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia) to $10 with other Asian countries at $25. Rest of the World remains at $30; Canada at $15.

It may not make a difference for you but want to get the most current info up. :-)

Thanks for the quick reply and the feedback. Still at $15 on top of the cost, I think it's likely to be cheaper once released - if there is a print an play option I'd def go for that if that's possible though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wired84 wrote:
dknemeyer wrote:
wired84 wrote:
dknemeyer wrote:

$15 - Canada
$20 - EU
$30 - Rest of World

Thanks for the quick reply and the feedback. Still at $15 on top of the cost, I think it's likely to be cheaper once released - if there is a print an play option I'd def go for that if that's possible though

We weren't planning on it but would be open to considering it if the prep is not too time consuming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Dillon
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am guessing the $40 pledge level would be for the first day of the Kickstarter. If not you would either have to refund the money to the early backers or risk making them slightly upset with that decision.

Is the above mentioned idea the plan, not the making backers upset part?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dndspeyside wrote:
I am guessing the $40 pledge level would be for the first day of the Kickstarter. If not you would either have to refund the money to the early backers or risk making them slightly upset with that decision.

Is the above mentioned idea the plan, not the making backers upset part?

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying Jack but suffice to say we will work really hard not to upset backers yet ostensibly will end upsetting some small-but-vocal minority!

We actually had to change early backing benefit to being front of the line on shipping, as opposed to cheaper price. It is $49 postage-paid for everyone. I put this in a thread elsewhere here on BGG under the game.

We are also offering advance copies of the game if people want them. We're charging $99 for that if people want the game a few months early: there is a stage in the production process where you get the first few copies off the presses called "Advanced Copies". I wouldn't have thought to even offer this but two different people emailed me asking so there we go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Crosby
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
What did you expect to see here?
badge
Nope, nothing much here either, but thanks for looking :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea on the final shipping cost to Australia (I got a bit lost trying to follow the various charges, sorry)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.