Popular Tags: [View All]
George Kinney
United States
Bellefontaine
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just FYI, 'Mom's Friendly Game Shop' is having a 'going out of business' sale. 30-50% off everything. No idea how long they'll be open, or if they'll cut prices more.

They sold everything at MSRP, so most stuff with the discount is about what you'd see at an online store regularly. Expansions were all priced at 50% off.

Not a huge selection, but it is varied. As of yesterday afternoon, they still had stuff like 'Power Grid' (original, factory, sparks), Kingdom Builder, Vinhos, Battlestations, Nexus Ops, 7 Wonders, Brass, Leviathans, Black Gold, Morels, and many others + RPG stuff, card games like Munchkin, Love Letter, etc.

I'm guessing they'll stay fairly well stocked since the Wilmington economy isn't healthy and it isn't conveniently close to anywhere else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who don't recognize it, it's near Cincinnati.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad R
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe I can flex a business trip that way....:-P

Sad to hear considering I don't have an FLGS anywhere near me and BGG reached 1 Million members.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heenan
United States
Cincinnati
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kengi wrote:

It's actually about halfway between Cincinnati and Columbus. I guess if you're on the north side of 275 or a bit south of Columbus then this might be worth a trip...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Always sad to hear of an FLGS going out of business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Terry
United States
Nowhere
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any one been there recently, what was the selection like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Advocator wrote:
Kengi wrote:

It's actually about halfway between Cincinnati and Columbus. I guess if you're on the north side of 275 or a bit south of Columbus then this might be worth a trip...

Scott, why don't you take a run up there, do some price checks and then call me? Thanks Bud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Markey
United States
Lebanon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Party_Clown wrote:
Any one been there recently, what was the selection like?

I was just there tonight. It's much smaller than I thought from their Facebook page and other pictures. There are two folding tables for gaming, and that takes up the front third of the store (to give some perspective).

Everything is marked 30% off MSRP, expansions are 50% off. I saw Power Grid, Factory Manager, Leviathans, Cutthroat Caverns, some Munchkin accessories, Carcasonne: The Flier, some random RPGs, a few dice bags, and a few war games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.