Craig Blumer
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to insert a couple of pictures into a post. Not BGG pics but my own. They don't have general enough relevance to upload to BGG, but help clarify my post. I've seen it done in other posts, but I haven't figured out how to do it.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Craig,

If you want to insert a picture into a BGG post, but the picture is not on BGG itself, then the BGG picture has to be available somewhere else on the Internet. If it's not available on the Internet somewhere then I'm pretty sure there's no way to put the picture in a BGG post. If it is available somewhere on the Internet, then you just click on the "IMG" button when posting (it's on the same line as the buttons the Bold or Italicize your text), and then past the URL into the box that pops up, and you're all set.

So for example, to do this, I just right-click on the CNN logo on their page, and select "Copy Image Location" and then hit Control & V after selecting the IMG button:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron K
United States
jamesville
New York
flag msg tools
'80' maxlength='250'> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%" align="right"><b>Avatar OverText</b></td> <td width="85%"> <input type="text" name="overtext[avatar]" value="Train Game anyone?
badge
Train Game anyone?
mbmbmbmbmb
Use the IMG button above the text entry box. You'll need to use Reply rather than QuickReply or QuickQuote to see that option. You'll also need to have posted your picture to some other hosting service and snag the URL for it. The IMG button will prompt for that URL.

[ IMG]http://yourURLhere[ /IMG]

Ditch the spaces after the bracket for this to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What if it is a BGG photo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Australia
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barkam wrote:
What if it is a BGG photo?

Then use the "BGGIMG" button just above the post edit box, and it'll prompt you for an image id, and insert code like this:

[ ImageID = 176238 ] (but without the spaces)

resulting in a clickable inline image like this:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.