Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
When checking supply, do EZOC's affect city hexes in the supply chain? For example if there was a Russian unit in the SE hex next to Lublin, and Lublin was still German controlled but unoccupied, is Lublin able to be used in the supply network?

If Lublin was occupied then the unit would negate it's own hex's EZOC and supply could pass through. If unoccupied, even though the space is controlled, I assume the EZOC would block the supply chain from passing through the city.

BUT.

Lublin ITSELF (I think) is in supply as it can trace it's own supply to the edge of the board...the EZOC doesn't affect the city (or in fact any unit, either) that you have designated to check for supply. You start the trace in an ADJACENT hex. So you could potentially have the case where a (non-fortified) city is in supply but not part of the supply network.

Is this right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance G
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
...determines everything.
badge
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
mbmbmbmbmb
aram12 wrote:

If Lublin was occupied then the unit would negate it's own hex's EZOC and supply could pass through. If unoccupied, even though the space is controlled, I assume the EZOC would block the supply chain from passing through the city.
Is this right?

I presume that if Lublin is occupied by a "friendly" unit it would negate EZOC, then YES it is "In Supply".

aram12 wrote:

Lublin ITSELF (I think) is in supply as it can trace it's own supply to the edge of the board...the EZOC doesn't affect the city (or in fact any unit, either) that you have designated to check for supply. You start the trace in an ADJACENT hex. So you could potentially have the case where a (non-fortified) city is in supply but not part of the supply network.

I'm not sure what you are saying here.

Lublin would be "In Supply" as long as there is no EZOC in your path.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm saying that a supply trace from a city (or unit) starts from the space adjacent to the hex occupied. Thus a city can be in supply, yet unoccupied and in an EZOC. This same city is also impossible to be a part of "the supply network" because you can't trace supply THROUGH the city, as its hex is in an EZOC.

The above is what I surmise but am trying to confirm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stein
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not official, but I agree with your logic. But when would this situation matter? In tracing supply, EZOC matters for units trying to trace. Whether a hex in the chain is a city isn't the first thing you think of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm understanding your question, it matters because a city (hex) needs to check for supply before it receives replacements/reinforcements. So a unit forward of a city that is controlled yet has an ezoc can't use that city as part of its chain back to a supply source, but if the city itself is in supply, it can receive a replacement/reinforcement and thus negate the ezoc and now the forward unit CAN trace supply back through the city...does that make sense? Or answer your question? Hopefully both...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.