Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, all. Looks like FFG updated there home and support pages for their major releases, including ANR. However, there still appear some bugs in the system (cannot access rules PDF, etc.)

What is that streak on the right-hand side of my screen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rayne Smith
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is odd, what browser are you using? So far I haven't had any issues, and I just checked, I have no issues accessing rules pdfs.

EDIT: I absolutely love the new website btw! It looks awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can't decide if this is an update or a horrible bug that's caused them to revert to a default template. Either way, I don't like it.

Edit: looking over the site more it's clearly an update. Of well. Guess I'll get used to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Looks good in chrome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EW. I hate this trend in web design. Oh well, good thing I almost never go to their website. Interestingly, the rules question page is no longer navigable from the home page. Have to get to it through the contact page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
The whole thing looks great to me, and the products are far more discoverable. I'm a fan. All of the documentation is easier to find too.

For a casual user of the website this is perfect. Less grungy, which isn't great for a game on hacking, but otherwise stellar. Of course, I say this having a widescreen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
It's bloody awful. Floating designs are bad, just bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice redesign. Much better than the previous version, which smacked of 2008.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Put me down with the "not a fan" crowd.

It's not TERRIBLE, but I wouldn't call it an improvement. I'll adjust.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Fox
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a developer, user, and customer... ey it's terrible. I was always impressed by graphic design of old site, even though the actual platform needed updating. But eek, it should be great graphics and theme like old site... not a webby startup sell me an app default silly floating css theme. Did someone at FFG just discover bootstrap or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bluef0x wrote:
...a webby startup sell me an app default silly floating css theme. Did someone at FFG just discover bootstrap or something.

Genuine lol. That's exactly how it feels to me. Thank you for putting it to words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Lefebvre
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skylar114 wrote:
bluef0x wrote:
...a webby startup sell me an app default silly floating css theme. Did someone at FFG just discover bootstrap or something.

Genuine lol. That's exactly how it feels to me. Thank you for putting it to words.

I was gonna say wacky blog page with adds, but that one was good too.

I like the grey, I like the logo on the news with which I could identify which games those news were about, and I like their product pages which were super clean and easy to navigate (and to find rules).

Now this one has the advantage to showcase more art on the front page, but that makes it that much more confusing to navigate. I need to read everything to find my way.

But that fancy scrolling on Netrunner's page is good looking. It's a gimmick, but still!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I can zoom out, but it all seems a bit big. The site did need an upgrade, but I guess this is just the first version. I am sure they will adjust it a bit over time.

It is harder to see when there is netrunner news though. Sure the big picture might look netrunner-ish but I liked the specific icon. I hope they bring something like that back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah a lot of bugs to fix, first thing for is it's slow. I'm watching the images load 1 by 1, which is hilarious on the upcoming products page. I think the look has improved, but perhaps they screwed up the load balance, or the old servers can't handle the new load.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, Breaker Bay is missing from the list of SanSan Cycle packs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Martina
msg tools
I think the new site design is improved and less cluttered. But what gets me is why web developers today feel the need to use tailored/abbreviated mobile sites for smartphone browsing. That is such a pain in the butt - especially after you become used to the navigation of the new desktop version. That's precisely the reason smartphone browsers and screen resolutions are improving. At least give me the option to view full site - which I can't find on fantasy flight's automated mobile version (of course, those "full site" options often revert to mobile browsing when your mobile browser is detected.) just Stop already, web developers! You're not making it easier to view a site from a mobile device!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Agreed. This isn't the year 2000. I don't need WAP-formatted versions of web pages any more snore My phone's resolution is almost a large as my desktop computer, and the browser can certainly handle a full-size page even if it's got fancy modern HTML5 shenanigans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
shinygerbil wrote:
Agreed. This isn't the year 2000. I don't need WAP-formatted versions of web pages any more snore My phone's resolution is almost a large as my desktop computer, and the browser can certainly handle a full-size page even if it's got fancy modern HTML5 shenanigans.

Your resolution is one thing, but your finger isn't getting any less fat. Responsive design is a necessary consequence of people moving from mouses to touchscreens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I see your point, but I rarely have trouble navigating the desktop version of a site with my finger, even clicking small links. (except for STUPID DROPDOWN MENUS)

If a website's design is cluttered enough that I'd have trouble browsing it on my smartphone, I'd go as far as to say it could probably do with a redesign anyway but yes, resolution is not everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not a fan... Mostly just because I prefer dark pages, really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, the expansion mini-sites are especially wonky in the redesign, as in Order & Chaos's page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Avers
United States
Elmore
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can't even get the website to load in Chrome, just got a 400 error when I try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
PMAvers wrote:
I can't even get the website to load in Chrome, just got a 400 error when I try.

That's not chrome. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einar Þór
msg tools
/me suddenly can't connect to it either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting the same program--strange vertical bar on the right side and internal pages not clickable.

This is happening only on Safari for me.
Firefox and Chrome work fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.