Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 3 in the English rules one listed rule regarding movement states, "A player may not play a card that cannot be completely executed."

Regarding the special move for Saucy Sue, if I have one of the bodyguards on my end of the board, in the space closest to me, could I still play a pair of "Saucy Sue" cards to move her and the bodyguard beyond her towards me? Since the bodyguard closest to me wouldn't be moving, it could be argued Sue's "special movement" could not be completely executed.

Also, if one of the bodyguards is already adjacent to Sue, can I still play the card that would bring both bodyguards adjacent to Sue? It states "Both bodyguards are moved so they occupy the spaces adjacent to Saucy Sue." Again, if both bodyguards are not moved is the card being completely executed?

I've played this with a few different people, and the views on this have varied. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a difference between already being in the space you are supposed to move to and the space not existing on the board.

In the case of playing two Sue cards when a bodyguard is already at your end you cannot move the set because that bodyguard would need to move to a space that does not exist. The card cannot be completely exectued.

In the case where the bodyguards "snap" back to Sue's position the card play is fine. Once both bodyguards are adjacent to Sue the card has been completely executed, regardless of where they were to begin with.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
In the case of playing two Sue cards when a bodyguard is already at your end you cannot move the set because that bodyguard would need to move to a space that does not exist. The card cannot be completely exectued.

I'd be curious if the original German rules were clearer on this, as we know the RGG English translation is not the best

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have official word from the publisher.
Quote:
It cannot be played. The reason is, as you already found on page 3: A card where the actions cannot completely be executed, can't be played. Since one of the bodyguards is already next to Brilli-Lilli, the actions
can't be executed for full.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilson
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Anomaly, or inevitable unlikelihood?
badge
Snoopy : )
mbmbmbmbmb
lacxox wrote:
I have official word from the publisher.
Quote:
It cannot be played. The reason is, as you already found on page 3: A card where the actions cannot completely be executed, can't be played. Since one of the bodyguards is already next to Brilli-Lilli, the actions
can't be executed for full.

ZombieBump 5000. I just love this game so much and can't stop thinking about it, so I read old forum posts for fun, it's pretty disturbing.... Anyway, I highly doubt that the "snap back" card cannot be played. Think of the card as a movement algorithm.

snapBackCard
{
1. How far is bodyguard 1 from Sue?
a. 1 space // i.e. next to her
b. Move 0 spaces towards Sue.

2. How far is bodyguard 2 from Sue?
a. 5 spaces
b. Move 4 spaces toward Sue
}

Nothing is being violated by not moving a bodyguard when the "snap back" card is played. The movement restrictions the rules are talking about is only in reference to moving off the board, which is THE rule. Not being able to play certain cards follow from that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On his twitter account, Reiner Knizia has just stated it can be played... That's it about the publisher's opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilson
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Anomaly, or inevitable unlikelihood?
badge
Snoopy : )
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that was my Twitter account haha. I just HAD to know.

R.I.P. Rules Question...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.