Scott Osborn
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's to stop me from just sayings its poseidons but laying down athenas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Though I haven't read the rules for the newest edition super carefully, iirc you have to reveal the card before placing it face-down. I think leaving them face-down is just so they don't get confused with the rewards in your hand at the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Osborn
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just don't know why they aren't played face up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Where were you hiding when the storm broke?
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an older version of the game but as I recall, it's just so that you know which ones have been "used" (and are worth fewer VP), and are face down so that you don't confuse them with face-up cards that are in play. We just set them off to one side instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. L.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are played face up.

After you play it then you have to flip it over. This just shows that it has been used and that it wasn't in your hand at the end of the game.

Reward cards in your hand count as two points at the end of the game. Reward cards which have been used for their ability count as one point.

You could keep the played reward cards face up if it really bothers you, you would just need to keep track of how many points you get from each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Osborn
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha I finnaly found where it said they are played face up, then flipped over. It was mainly driving me nuts because I don't want someone taking an action and me not knowing what they are doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G B
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
NO! I'M SPARTACUS!
badge
I will find Myntokk and I will eat him.
mbmbmbmbmb
If it went straight to face down, and it truly worries you, just look at the card.

If you are playing a 2p game with a person that you feel the need to double check... well, quit playing with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.