Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'm not sure if this is correct to post here, but what do you guys think of this:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/profile.php?action=gamesplayed&...

I emailed him requesting an explanation, since he is the only person keeping me from having the most plays of Get Hooked this month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.M. Diller
United States
North Street
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe he is entering data for several months, but doesn't want to take the time to separate it for each individual day.

But seriously, I can't believe you care enough to make a post about it. Do we get some kind of reward for having the most plays of a game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Verdonck
Belgium
Edegem
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I came across this user :
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/profile.php?action=gamesplayed&...
1648 games played in one month

I understand that it's a lot of work to log games played on the correct dates, but massive logging like this tends to influence some of the stats (like total games played by month, play graphs by game, ...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
We need a way to upload games played by date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe those guys are truly professional gameplayers.
Best job in the world!

:lol:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bullions
England
Hayes
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Belisarius88 wrote:
I emailed him requesting an explanation, since he is the only person keeping me from having the most plays of Get Hooked this month.

No point in emailing him. If he is playing that many games he will not have time to reply to you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
There must be better things to do with one's time than to worry about how many games someone else has claimed to play in any given amount of time. If one has time to care about the number of games played, then one has more constructive things to do with one's time. E.g., to question why others would give a rat's *** over number of games played in a month. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why the only meaningful stat is the number of unique players, not the total games played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I do kind of care about games played. For example, I can look at my friend's list and see what games I missed out on during their gaming night. Also it is rather fun to check if you have played more of game that month than anyone else. That's what I was doing when I discovered that someone had played Get Hooked 64 times in one day! Obviously this guy is full of BS! These stats are reported for each game, so it does matter, even if it is not terribly important as others have pointed out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
mdp4828 wrote:
This is why the only meaningful stat is the number of unique players, not the total games played.

Correct. It's the only one I use. However, it still distorts numbers, as this fellow will make it look like a ton of games were played by one more person in October than was actually the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie seemed to think some of these were bugs (as it happens more than it should and with people he knows who don't do this)

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/959763

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.