Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin
United Kingdom
HITCHIN
HERTS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or is the crown of command ending a bit of an anti-climax. Everyone else carries on playing while you roll a dice each turn, often to no effect. The alternative endings were not that much better. Maybe its because you have to kill off the other characters that I don't like, even when you are of good alignment - what is that all about?

I read an interesting post on here about changing the alignment rules and I think it could make an interesting change to the game. Anyone else have house rules for alignment or endings?

I have rewritten the Dragon King, Demon Lord and Pandora's box but not had a chance to test them yet but basically you have to do some epic feat which will take a few turns giving the other players a chance to arrive at the valley of fire and if you fail or falter they will take your place to complete the quest.

Its still a great game with so many possibilities.

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no problem with the endings, one could try and use some of the 4th edition endings for 2nd edition...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You reach the Crown you win the game. Takes out the tedious roll-off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
You reach the Crown you win the game. Takes out the tedious roll-off.

I play a variant to this version, which is only a bit longer.

If the first player reachses the Crown of Command,
the Portal of Power is closed for the rest of the Game.
The game ends, when there are no other players left in the inner region

This means, that all players who are not yet in the inner region are (almost) out of the game (Only certain spaces/locations which send You to the plain of peril may get you past the portal of power)
IN consequence, as soon as one player comes towards the plain of fire, the rest will start for the gate, before it is closed - does a good job
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.