Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be at least 4 add on factions that haven't been revealed to the public yet. Namely Sea, Earth, Moon and Invisible god. Now I don't know enough of the lore to tell you if any of the people you mentioned could be part of those factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose Arkat, as the ultimate heroquester, could appear, but there are currently no plans for him (plus, who knows, Sandy might make different kinds of board games for other Glorantha ages if The Gods War is a big hit, right?).

But really, when you're heroquesting, you aren't time traveling, you are reliving mythical moments, so Arkat couldn't really appear.

But then again, The Gods War happens before time begins, so the words "time travelling" have no real meaning, right?

Moreso, it's Glorantha, so obviously this could happen anyway

But then again...

The Gods War will only have things that really should be during the Gods War - but, it DOES have things that are barely mentioned or talked about, during that time, yet were around (for example...scorpion men?!). There is also a really high stretch goal that may or may not include Maidstone Archers. Now THAT'S a mini I want to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
I suppose Arkat, as the ultimate heroquester, could appear, but there are currently no plans for him (plus, who knows, Sandy might make different kinds of board games for other Glorantha ages if The Gods War is a big hit, right?).

But really, when you're heroquesting, you aren't time traveling, you are reliving mythical moments, so Arkat couldn't really appear.

But then again, The Gods War happens before time begins, so the words "time travelling" have no real meaning, right?

Moreso, it's Glorantha, so obviously this could happen anyway

But then again...

The Gods War will only have things that really should be during the Gods War - but, it DOES have things that are barely mentioned or talked about, during that time, yet were around (for example...scorpion men?!). There is also a really high stretch goal that may or may not include Maidstone Archers. Now THAT'S a mini I want to have.

Bagog, yay!

Maidstone archers - Grotarons?

Heroes - Androgeus, a sadly underused hero/ine...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Valandor wrote:
There will be at least 4 add on factions that haven't been revealed to the public yet. Namely Sea, Earth, Moon and Invisible god. Now I don't know enough of the lore to tell you if any of the people you mentioned could be part of those factions.

The first three should be alright, assuming Moon isn't Red...could be White, Blue (was there a Green Moon?) The Invisible god, I can't remember when the Brithini appeared, but if Sandy's got them in, they must be around at that time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chaos = purple
Dark = black
Sky = Yellow
Storm = White
Moon = Red
Earth = Green
Sea = Blue
Invisible God = Grey

If I have to believe the oblivion markers in the gifts file.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aurelio Agustin
Spain
San Diego
Castellon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoltzy92 wrote:

Invisible God I am most curious about since they believe in only one god as far as I know. I would look it up on the gloranthan website to doublecheck but it seems to be down at the moment.

gloranthan website? what gloranthan website?
I'd like to know more about this "universe"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that this game is set during the God Time, so most of the characters named by Benjamin do not exist yet.

We do have a Moon faction, and the Moon goddess is Sedenya. Her "hero" is the Crimson Bat, however, rather than the unbegotten-as-of-yet Moonson.

We have some Monster Packs planned, and Androgeus is intended as one of the "monsters".

The Invisible God faction is probably mostly Brithini during the Godtime, so once we added that faction, we removed Brithini as a potential Ally race. The Vadeli can still be taken as Allies, and we replaced the Brithini with the Waertagi, so the folk of the West are still strongly represented. (Not to forget the Invisible God empire itself.)

Sandy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Valandor wrote:
Chaos = purple
Dark = black
Sky = Yellow
Storm = White
Moon = Red
Earth = Green
Sea = Blue
Invisible God = Grey

If I have to believe the oblivion markers in the gifts file.

those are correct, but Invisible God isn't settled yet. Perhaps a silver, or maybe something entirely different like brown. We really aren't fully set yet, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Larsen
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
The Joeymans chose one to lead them.....The Joeyman
badge
Anyone who thinks that Avatar is a guy with a blue face needs an airbender
mbmbmbmbmb
I really don't know much about the lore, but 'invisible' to me seems to require some sort of see-through piece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Make the invisible guy the most obnoxious color you can think off just for irony's sake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also I know for a fact that black miniatures tend to not look detailed even when they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the black Darkness figures are tormenting us right now. Trying to figure out how to make them work and still look good. One possibility is simply dark gray.

I absolutely refuse to make the Invisible God figures transparent. Really. *sniffs* Anyway, the Invisible God himself makes no appearance. It's just knights, wizards, and elementals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A dark grey would probably be fine for Darkness (think of it as a dusk color). Also white should probably be slightly off-white, just to make it pop more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.