Fief: France 1429» Forums » Rules

Subject: Prisoners questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I'm player A, one of my lords holds a prisoner form player B's family.
I'm on a village with one of player C's lord.

Is it possible to give or sell the prisoner to player C (he wants to deal with player B in some way) ?
I know it will most likely never happen because ransoms will quickly happen, but that's just to know how to handle this.

2. I'm attacking a lord that holds one of mine in jail : if I win the battle, can this prisoner come directly under the army that freed him ?

3. I'm attacking a lord that holds one of of another player in jail :
- if I win the battle and I make the one I attacked prisoner, do I also get his prisoner or is he freed ?
- if I win the battle and I kill the one I attacked, do I get his prisoner or is he freed ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Wilson
United Kingdom
Blandford
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good questions.

1) Yes - although there is no official ruling on this - but I think it would be in the spirit of the game / period.

2) Yes - A captive becomes free if all the troops holding him captive are killed or surrender.

3) Yes as above - although once freed you could automatically capture him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pikaraph wrote:

Is it possible to give or sell the prisoner to player C (he wants to deal with player B in some way) ?
I know it will most likely never happen because ransoms will quickly happen, but that's just to know how to handle this.

This is especially interesting when playing with the noble attributes as you could pass a prisoner to a "cruel" lord, so he can handle the..."negotiations" angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gab Pal
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
The best games ingeniously blend Euro and Ameritrash styles
badge
THE CAKE IS A LIE !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No. This is not in the rules. But of course you can make up your own house rules if you want.

2)Yes. Once the captured lord is in a space not occupied by the CAPTOR'S TROOPS AND/OR LORDS the lord will be free.

3)Same answer as Q2, the lord will be considered free. However the rules are unclear on if the attacker can also capture the newly freed lord. The rules state that if an opposing army enters a village in which there is only a lord the solitary lord can be captured without a battle occurring. So technically I think you get to choose if you let them leave or not. I believe the status of the defending armies lord (the one who was originally holding the captive lord) is not important in this question as a captive can't hold a captive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ove Ahlman
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pikaraph wrote:
3. I'm attacking a lord that holds one of of another player in jail :
- if I win the battle and I make the one I attacked prisoner, do I also get his prisoner or is he freed ?
- if I win the battle and I kill the one I attacked, do I get his prisoner or is he freed ?

The rules state the following:

"A freed lord is placed on one of his familys strongholds or fortified cities. If the player has no..."

Hence I would conclude that you will not be able to capture a prisoner again, but instead it get whisked away to a city controlled by that player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.