Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pavils Jurjans
Latvia
Riga
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I take pleasure to post the first rules question post about this exciting game. I wish you luck, guys, with your super-project, it was great to see you all in Essen! I hope you are reading the BGG page and I believe you will see more session reports and rule questions coming here, as people who bought the game in Essen play it more!

So, we played the game only once, but definitely will play some more.

But, to improve the second play, here's my two questions:

1) In the Essen convention, you taught the game, handing out the startup material, which included also one job and one event card. From the rules, I couldn't find any requirement for "seed" job and event cards. Was it just the "quickstart mode" to make the gameplay richer at the very start?

2) The rules about the event cards tell that they can be executed at any time during the game, including opponents turn. So, I had this card that's called "Pillow accident", I believe. I waited until my opponent drove to the hospital, and in the split second when he was about to pick up his guys from there, I executed my card. This raises a question, what is "any time"? Could I execute the event, while he is picking up the guys, one-by-one? There is also card "Our of gas", that will stop opponents car. Can you execute it, while he is already driving (presumably, on his way to harm you). Perhaps there should be some definition of "action" that should be completed in order to execute any events.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T.
Austria
flag msg tools
Don't know the answer to question #2, but regarding the startup setup, when we played the game with Jeppe (one of the game designers) in Essen he told us that normally you do not receive an event card and a job card at startup. They just did this in the demo rounds to speed up the game. (For the same reason they only played to 6 victory points instead of 10). So yes, that was just a "quickstart" mode.

Cheers
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.