BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe

Subject: War Boardgamers in Italy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: wargames [+] [View All]
melanie melsen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hi Everybody,

I have a question for all the (war)boardgamers in Italy. I'm making a exportplan for the Italian boardgame market and I want to know if there are a lot of (war)boardgames available? I also want to know if there are a lot of people who use those boardgames and if the Italian people use it al lot.
Could you tell me which brands are available and where do you buy them? Do you buy them in a toy store or do you prefer to buy it in another store??

I Hope that somebody can help me!!!!

Thanks!!

Melanie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Goteri
Italy
Moncalieri (To)
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Melanie!

I'm a veteran Italian wargamer and I'm pleased to answer you in some way!

The boardgames situation in Italy isn't so smooth and easy as in some others european countries.
The teenagers here love television, playstation, mp3, etc... while their parents mostly know games as Monopoli, Risiko and Trivial Pursuit.
It's a cultural problem, here people hasn't very much the habit to play a lot with the family around a table... it happens sometimes but we cannot compare the Italian games market to the German one for example!

On the other side the Italian people that love (and play) boardgames and wargames are usually very smart and tough players!
We can say that here there's an elite branch of people that play a lot, even very difficult games, while the big part of the Italians never heard about Caylus, Puerto Rico, Axis and Allies or Squad Leader!

In the last 2 or 3 years the situation is changing, mostly thanks to internet and sites like these ones that inform us about the boardgames world, but I think (it's my PERSONAL opinion) that the way is still long and hard to reach the peaks of other northern nations!
In my town for example (Torino) there are some groups that meet and play very often ...as Giocatorino (you can find it in the yahoo groups) that in just 1,5 year of life passed from 15 persons to about 130 and is still growing!

Talking about WARGAMES, I can say that unfortunately they aren't played so much and so often as I wish!
Just a little part of the Italian boardgamers (playing German style boardgames) is a wargames-fan too!
We can say it's a niche market and hobby!
However you can't actually find wargames in the common toy stores... but just in the specialized shops (as "Giochi dei Grandi" in Verona) or in the net!
If you will decide to start a new exportplan to Italy you'll be WELCOME!

Cheers!
Max

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.