Argent: The Consortium» Forums » General

Subject: Argent Shuffle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
antoku ikaru
msg tools
mb
Rawr!
So I read yesterday that "there should be an app to shuffle the boards!" and decided to build that app.
https://github.com/sylvaiam/Argent_Shuffle/releases/tag/v0.1
EDIT: this should always point to the most up-to-date version (so you don't have to scroll):
https://github.com/sylvaiam/Argent_Shuffle/releases

If there's interest, I'll expand it some more. Let me know of any features/bugs/problems you want fixed.
Current plans:
-Shuffle players, including first player
-Add option to guarantee a +mage tile (currently limited to Dormitory A/B and Astronomy B tiles)
-Add option to guarantee gold, mana, and IP tiles (other than Infirmary)
-Randomly pick a scenario
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow that's really cool! Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see an app for a mobile device that:

- Randomizes voters
- Allows players to mark voters for easier reference
- Mark hidden voters others have viewed to know what has been seen

I love this game but I feel like this part would really benefit from a supplemental app. Including the above is gravy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:

- Randomizes voters

I love this game but I feel like this part would really benefit from a supplemental app. Including the above is gravy.

Add an Influence tracker, then you wouldn't even need the Influence board at all. Maybe even be able to fit the game on a card table! (3 player anyway)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DRDRJDRJNZ7Z3JGLYBOQ9JR9W 5597WB1BFVUG4QC9H2G7 NMCZUBPWYXX0BH1W6Y73 9G7ER4ORJEY3KQN1D7L5 JX0MWDK2IHF8UNTBV66A MIK0PYFEUMJUXPPVDLSM TRZ1AS8QCGVMDQGEGQ8Y G4JZLE93C62I1J2L1MPP Y7H0UJ8P0ZEV61QTPJ3X T0TMR4A775F528UFYNP8LYBOQ9JR9W 5597WB1BFVUG4QC9H2G7 NMCZUBPWY JGLDDRJNZ7Z3JGLYBOQ9JR9W 5597WB1BFVUG4QC9H2G7 NMCZUBPWYXX0BH1W6Y73 9G7ER4ORJEY3KQN1D7L5 JX0MWDK2IHF8UNTBV66A MIK0PYFEUMJUXPPVDLSM TRZ1AS8QCGVMDQGEGQ8Y G4JZLE93C62I1J2L1MPP Y7H0UJ8P0ZEV61QTPJ3X T0TMR4A775F528UFYNP8RJNZ7Z3JGLYBOQ9JR9W 5597WB1BFVUG4Q
United States
DRJNZ7Z3JGLYBDRJNZ7Z3JGLYBOQ9JR9W 5597WB1BFVUG4QC9H2G7 NMCZUBPWYXX0BH1W6Y73 9G7ER4ORJEY3KQN1D7L5 JX0MWDK2IHF8UNTBV66A MIK0PYFEUMJUXPPVDLSM TRZ1AS8QCGVMDQGEGQ8Y G4JZLE93C62I1J2L1MPP Y7H0UJ8P0ZEV61QTPJ3X T0TMR4A775F528UFYNP8OQ9JDRJNZ7Z3JGLYBOQ9JR9W 5597WB1B
flag msg tools
badge
Shampoo4you wrote:
kelann08 wrote:

- Randomizes voters

Add an Influence tracker, then you wouldn't even need the Influence board at all. Maybe even be able to fit the game on a card table! (3 player anyway)

When's the Surface implementation coming along, Trey?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
kelann08 wrote:

- Randomizes voters

When's the Surface implementation coming along, Trey?

Ha!

Maybe one day???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
antoku ikaru
msg tools
mb
Shampoo4you wrote:
kelann08 wrote:

- Randomizes voters

I like these ideas! I haven't played the game yet (sadly!) but I have heard it like to eat up table space I'll try to get these into the next version of the app. Call it "Consortium Companion" since it'll go beyond just shuffling the tiles.

Oh, and to install the app, click the link, download the .apk file, move it to your phone, then open the file. You should be given the option to install it. I'll probably add it to the Play store once it's reached a stable state.

Here's the next version: (I just realized bgg doesn't like the v0.2 at the end of the URL, so I've changed it)
https://github.com/sylvaiam/Argent_Shuffle/releases/tag/v02
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
antoku ikaru
msg tools
mb
Hey guys! Here's the most up-to-date version of the app. It's designed to fully replace the Consortium Board with your Android device. Let me know of any feedback you have =D
https://github.com/sylvaiam/Argent_Shuffle/releases/tag/v03
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Piechocki
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd suggest the option to NOT randomize players (unless I've just missed how to)

Some of the phrasing could probably be cleaned up also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaclavRomanov wrote:
I'd suggest the option to NOT randomize players (unless I've just missed how to)

if you don't want the players randomized just ignore that part and use whatever mages you want? maybe? I dunno I haven't had a chance to download this yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Piechocki
msg tools
mbmbmb
It's what we did - but the only thing is it assigns colors to players - fortunately the wife got Purple when she was playing Blue, and I got White while playing White.

But it could get confusing with the tracking if we're playing Green/Red/Purple and it gives us White/Yellow/Green.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
antoku ikaru
msg tools
mb
VaclavRomanov wrote:

I hadn't considered people wanting to choose their own color, though it makes sense to now that the app is built to replace the influence tracker.
Could you give suggestions on what phrasing could be cleaned up? Being the one who built the app, everything makes perfect sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harrison
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
I like the app a lot, although I have a suggestion: perhaps having the archmage's staff voter included in the possible voters be optional? The way it is now, if you check 'include mancers' it automatically assumes you're playing with the archmage's staff.

Similarly, for the character randomizer, it automatically assumes you're playing with all 6 colors, whereas in some cases you might remove one of the colors.

Still, these aren't really changes that are that important; I actually don't use the consortium voter part of the app (I just use the room and character randomizer), and it's easy enough to randomize the colors by just relabeling them (e.g., if you're playing with orange instead of blue, just do a base game randomization and know that blue means orange).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Piechocki
msg tools
mbmbmb
antoku wrote:
VaclavRomanov wrote:

I hadn't considered people wanting to choose their own color, though it makes sense to now that the app is built to replace the influence tracker.
Could you give suggestions on what phrasing could be cleaned up? Being the one who built the app, everything makes perfect sense to me.

On Phrasing I would just copy the words of the cards exactly when you're referencing things.

"Include All Resources" and "Include Mage Recruit" are rather ambiguous - I know what the first means for sure from the options some have mentioned of making sure one of each resource room is available. Still not sure what "Mage Recruit" references.

Also the Archmage Staff (and which side) should probably be a toggle too.
As well as randomizing the mage types themselves between A/B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Piechocki
msg tools
mbmbmb
Also haven't played it past the wife and I yet - but got a feeling some people might have groups that really hate on a given room, might be nice to have some toggles so that individual rooms/sides can be removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
antoku ikaru
msg tools
mb
New release is available! I've implemented randomizing Mage Powers, a toggle for the Archmage's Staff, and you can change the department each player is in.
https://github.com/sylvaiam/Argent_Shuffle/releases/tag/v04

Future plans:
1) Save the toggles, player count, and sides used between uses (so you won't have to keep clicking "Include Mancer's")
2) Toggle rooms on/off
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an Android version? I can't seem to find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Piechocki
msg tools
mbmbmb
It's only from Github right now Trey, you've got to sideload it for now.

I'm sure he'll publish to Google Play once he's got it out of beta though.

And thanks for taking my suggestions to heart, I'll check it out in a few.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
antoku ikaru
msg tools
mb
VaclavRomanov wrote:
It's only from Github right now Trey, you've got to sideload it for now.

I'm sure he'll publish to Google Play once he's got it out of beta though.

And thanks for taking my suggestions to heart, I'll check it out in a few.

Yup! This is exactly right! I'm thinking after I include those last few things, if there's nothing major that comes through I'll look into what I need to do to put it on the Play Store.
And thanks for looking over the app!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
antoku ikaru
msg tools
mb
The (probably) final beta version is available! Preferences are added! All checkboxes on the main activity can be saved, and you can choose to not include tile sides you don't like. As usual, let me know of any bugs/feature ideas, but my main goal right now is to get this on the Play store.
https://github.com/sylvaiam/Argent_Shuffle/releases/tag/v05

(I didn't add the sides preference because it wasn't working as expected. If you guys really want this, I'll look into why it didn't work)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bounds checking - I can go to negative IP.

No way to go back to start. Should have an End Game button that reveals all voters, click again to return to start.

I can't seem to exit the app using Back...

The (3) for turn order is not intuitive or explained anywhere.
Player colors should be in play order, not sseemingly random.

All the buttons should have separation between them for clarity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
antoku ikaru
msg tools
mb
palmerkun wrote:
Bounds checking - I can go to negative IP.

No way to go back to start. Should have an End Game button that reveals all voters, click again to return to start.

I can't seem to exit the app using Back...

The (3) for turn order is not intuitive or explained anywhere.
Player colors should be in play order, not sseemingly random.

All the buttons should have separation between them for clarity

For some reason, your post is outlined in red for me.

I didn't put in bounds checking because, in order to go negative, you have to do it on purpose - and if it was a mistake it's easy enough to fix (just hit the + button). Whereas if you wanted to play with negative, but maybe with some sort of penalty, you wouldn't be able to do it with bounds checking.

Wasn't sure about the "reveal all voters" button. I was thinking it would be cool to go through them one at a time and reveal, though with a "reveal" button you can still opt to do that. I hadn't thought of people wanting to play a 2 hour game twice in a row, though XD so I didn't have a "reset" button.

You should be able to go back by hitting the "Back" button twice. That helps prevent accidental back presses from ruining your game. Though I suppose an alternative (and a good back-up plan) would be to save the current game state and let you start from that point, or to start a new game.

The (3) means third place. This way those who are tied know who got there first. But you're right, I don't mention it anywhere. I should probably add a "help" button to each screen detailing what things are. Would that also help for the buttons, or do you think they'd still need space between them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
antoku ikaru
msg tools
mb
It's in the Play store! Sorry it took so long, to make it up to you I added "Help" buttons to all activities. If anyone has any artistic talents and wants to help create a better logo, I'd appreciate it muchly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
antoku wrote:
It's in the Play store! Sorry it took so long, to make it up to you I added "Help" buttons to all activities. If anyone has any artistic talents and wants to help create a better logo, I'd appreciate it muchly!

It didn't show up for me. Is it under "Argent Shuffle"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
antoku ikaru
msg tools
mb
Shampoo4you wrote:
antoku wrote:

It didn't show up for me. Is it under "Argent Shuffle"?

It's under "Consortium Companion" though it also shows up under "Argent the Consortium"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.