Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Materials for tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Cromer

Florida
msg tools
mb
Does anyone know the name of the material that the tokens are made out of? Its almost like a chipboard but not quite. Maybe something recycled? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
It is my understanding that the tokens are a type of cardboard. There are lots of different ways to make cardboard using recycled materials. The gray cardboard usually means it is made up of cloth-based materials and glue. The denser the better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It just cardboard. Non corrugated, most likely recycled. The same material that they make pretty much every board game tokens and items out of. They really only vary in thickness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cromer

Florida
msg tools
mb
I know it's a cardboard. Im trying to see if anyone is familiar with the specific material or something similar that they can point me in the direction of. Im trying to find a supplier of it for my business. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Try looking up 60 point chipboard. Gamecrafter does custom chits if that helps. Probably lots of other places too.

Edit: Some places call it paperboard...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Lin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only person who knows exactly what they're using is going to be WizKids themselves, since they use a different material for printing than Fantasy Flight, even.

If you're looking for your business, you could certainly always try calling around to find a materials supplier who might have a connection somewhere that can tell you definitively that it's material X.

Chances are, whatever it is is going to be something cheap and reliable you can get in bulk, since WizKids does their productions overseas in China.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.