Chris Paladino
United States
Brecksville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got Survive, and hadn't played it yet.
The rules state (paraphrasing) when a whirlpool is revealed everything on that tile is removed from the game, as are all non-tile pieces adjacent to that hex (swimmers, boats, creatures, etc).

I got the iOS version yesterday and saw that when a whirlpool is revealed, it only removes the tile, and any non-tiles at the same level. IE: A mountain next to the water with 2 meeples on it would be safe.

I assume this is just an iOS bug / change - and that the rules for whirlpool are destructive, and could kill off lots of things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Whirlpool: remove from the game all
Swimmers, Sea Serpents, Sharks, Whales,
Ships and Explorers from the sea space the
Terrain tile used to occupy, as well as from
all adjacent sea spaces.

If I understand your question. The mountain tile (or forest or beach) adjacent would be safe.

Have not tried the IOS version. (edit)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like both situations you are describing are the same.

When the whirlpool tile is revealed, anything on the that tile is pulled into the whirlpool as well as anything on adjacent sea hexes. Any adjacent land tiles and any meeples on them are not affected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my gameā€¦ when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember right, in the 1996 Escape from Atlantis version, everything adjacent including the actual land tiles are removed! One of the slight rule differences.

I always liked the original '82 rules though that are the same as the newest... stuff on adjacent land is safe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.