Mice and Mystics» Forums » Rules

Subject: A question about the "grapes of rats" chapter. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So i read through the chapter and sometimes i dont really understand what the intentions are in some parts when i read the layout and story. I get that when starting out in the kitchen tunnels the text about miz maggie should be read. Does that means that it takes precedence over the usual rules, meaning the encounter of monsters etc as usual when coming to a new room? Or do you go about with everything as usual and killing the monsters there an then proceeding to the flip to get up to the kitchen to help miz maggie? Or do you "teleport" to the kitchens right away?

A second question about searching. When you search do you specifically say you search for a "special " item or do you automatically get those in that chapter when you proceed to search as usual. Or can you choose between an "ordinary" search and a special? That part was a little unclear to me..
Thanks
/Martin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You finish the kitchen tunnels as normally. Then, your mice can decide whether they want to press on towards the courtyard (and escaping the castle) or take the detour to follow Miz Maggie's call.

Regarding your second question, the player can choose to either take the special search item or draw a random search card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Zwerg wrote:
You finish the kitchen tunnels as normally. Then, your mice can decide whether they want to press on towards the courtyard (and escaping the castle) or take the detour to follow Miz Maggie's call.

Regarding your second question, the player can choose to either take the special search item or draw a random search card.

ah thank you. In the end we decided upon going through the tunnels and went up to help maggie out. But we ruled it so that we had to follow that rout first. But in the future i know we have that choise instead
We actually lost in the end, which we have done now twice, not sure if we are doing something wrong, but it feels as though the cheese wheel fills up to fast. But we didnt have a healer this time around so 2 got captured quite fast and and a couple of surges later we were finnished
But hopefully we get them next time, my kids enjoy it a lot.
/Martin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.