United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
oh hai
mbmbmbmbmb
Geeks:

After more than nine years on the Geek, I finally experienced my first 'impulse buy', which I define as purchasing a game without having read the rulebook, and within 20 minutes of first learning about it. (Usually I'll read/watch multiple reviews, comb the forums, read the rulebook, let it sit on my wishlist for at least a week or two, etc.)

I watched 10 minutes of Rahdo's runthrough, listened to his final thoughts, checked the preliminary ratings here on BGG, and suddenly I found myself clicking 'Purchase' on Amazon. I think this has to do with how straightforward the rules seem to teach, the wonderful production (art, graphic design, components), the marriage of the two primary mechanics (tile laying and deck building -- so satisfying!), and the sci-fi setting without the tired tropes of ship combat and goofy aliens. It's a perfect storm for my nerd brain and design sensibilities.

Very much looking forward to playing! Congrats on putting together a product that I just couldn't resist.

-Aidan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavan Brown
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aidan,

We know all too well that hobby games are not cheap, so we truly appreciate you taking the leap. I certainly hope Super Motherload retains a permanent spot in your collection. Enjoy the game!

Keep rollin' sixes,

Gavan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonGetsGames
United States
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mammothbaby wrote:
Geeks:

After more than nine years on the Geek, I finally experienced my first 'impulse buy', which I define as purchasing a game without having read the rulebook, and within 20 minutes of first learning about it. (Usually I'll read/watch multiple reviews, comb the forums, read the rulebook, let it sit on my wishlist for at least a week or two, etc.)

I watched 10 minutes of Rahdo's runthrough, listened to his final thoughts, checked the preliminary ratings here on BGG, and suddenly I found myself clicking 'Purchase' on Amazon. I think this has to do with how straightforward the rules seem to teach, the wonderful production (art, graphic design, components), the marriage of the two primary mechanics (tile laying and deck building -- so satisfying!), and the sci-fi setting without the tired tropes of ship combat and goofy aliens. It's a perfect storm for my nerd brain and design sensibilities.

Very much looking forward to playing! Congrats on putting together a product that I just couldn't resist.

-Aidan

While this isn't my first impulse buy, I the exact same thing you did. 10 minutes of Rahdo's runthrough lead me to the BGG page, and probably 20 minutes later I had ordered it from amazon prime. I got it a day and a half later and have already played a 4 player game of it. It lived up to expectations, I lost but still had a great time playing it. Very different take on deck building, that's for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in as part of the group of "impulse buyers" of Super Motherload. With a birthday coming up, I have been contemplating what game I might like to pick up. After watching Rahdo's run through, this game jumped to the top of that list. When I noticed that stock seemed to be getting low at some online stores, I decided to convince my wife we should go ahead and get it before it sells out!

Long story short, it will be arriving next week tomorrow - looks like a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Ercolini
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard about this game during the Kickstarter for Steampunk Rally which I could not resist and backed. I made a note on my BGG wishlist to check this one out when it had more info available. I watched Rahdo and bam I was hooked. I had a trip planned to Oregon yesterday so I just HAD to stop at Guardian Games. I walked in the front door and right on the table as I walked it there it was. BAM. Mine. I hope it hits the table today. Roxley has me 2 for 2. What is the 3rd game in your lineup Roxley so I can start saving my money now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crispy Down
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I also bought this right after seeing Rahdos runthrough of it! I had to do some work to find it online in the UK, but purchased it from IGUK, and played it with my wife! We both love it! Considering we have probably 30 games sitting on shelves that we have never tried yet, we played this on the day it arrived! Excellent game and glad I found it! Thanks to the designer and to Rahdo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Seniuk
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One more here for buying right after watching Rahdo's runthrough. Just played my first two games tonight and it was a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting on my copy (probably a week away) - but I like what I'm hearing so far about this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jung hyun jun
South Korea
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew this game through the steampunk rally's kickstarter pages.But I thought it is just another bad game with take advantage of steampunk rally's popularity. But now I love this game as soon as I watched rahdo's reviews and rulebook.
Easy to teach, great system and theme.
Nice game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. Total impulse purchase for me. Saw the Dice Tower review and it twigged my mind that Rahdo also did a review. Watched that review and looked up the game... next thing you know... I'm ordering it and I can't wait to play it! All in the span of less than a day. That never happens...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aidan Mirisola-Sullivan
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
oh hai
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my first play in yesterday, and it didn't disappoint, even though I got *destroyed*. Excited to play again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Adams
United States
Medina
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also consider this a "impulse purchase" for me as well. Unfortunately for my wallet it is far from the first one though! I saw the name "Super Motherload" and instantly had to learn more. A quick skimming of the Dice Tower review and Rahdo's review and I was delighted to find it available on Amazon. I set up and ran through a two player game by myself this morning and cannot wait to get it on the table for a real game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomi Mononen
Finland
Kuopio
Pohjois-Savo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Impulse here also. I haven't bought any games to PC or board since I want to save some money for PS4 and Bloodborne, but after seeing this game pop up (don't even remember where) Just checked Wassels review and bought the game two days ago.

Yesterday during our weekly gamenight I got a msg "Packet has been delivered" I rushed to the maildistribution machine and instantly after we played it. The game just scraches my Mining Itch in gaming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.