Mice and Mystics: Downwood Tales» Forums » Variants

Subject: About grapes of rats and searches rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So i read through the chapter and sometimes i dont really understand what the intentions are in some parts when i read the layout and story. I get that when starting out in the kitchen tunnels the text about miz maggie should be read. Does that means that it takes precedence over the usual rules, meaning the encounter of monsters etc as usual when coming to a new room? Or do you go about with everything as usual and killing the monsters there an then proceeding to the flip to get up to the kitchen to help miz maggie? Or do you "teleport" to the kitchens right away?

A second question about searching. When you search do you specifically say you search for a "special " item or do you automatically get those in that chapter when you proceed to search as usual. Or can you choose between an "ordinary" search and a special? That part was a little unclear to me..
Thanks
/Martin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pogatshnik
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb

1. The chapter begins in the Kitchen Tunnels, the Room Tile Setup instructions clearly spell out that an Encounter Card should be revealed in the Kitchen Tunnels. The story moment should also be read after setup. After clearing the tile of minions, proceed to the flip space to enter the kitchen and continue with the chapter.

2. In many cases the Special Search is on a particular place on the tile (such as in Chapter-1, the Tinkerer's Treasure may be found in the helmet). A mouse searching that space may take the special item, or a random item from the search deck. Sometimes the whole tile has a special search on it, a mouse that successfully searches anywhere on that tile may take the special item instead of drawing from the deck as normal. Remember that each special search can only be acquired once. Afterwards, each mouse who wants to continue to search must take what they draw randomly from the Search deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.