Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that Avalanche is "threatening" to put out a treatment of Russian and Japanese fighting in Manchuria in 1939.

Could someone please save me an extensive search of this database and tell me whether there are any wargames already published about this period, focusing on the land battles of early WWII in Russo-Asia?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are at least two games that cover that period of history:

Khalkhin-Gol
Covering the battle of Khalkin-Gol in August 1939.

And . . .

Red Sun/Red Star: The Nomonhan Campaign, 1939
Covering the Russo/Japanese conflict in July and August of 1939.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Note that these games are both the same series of battles along the Mongolian-Manchurian border, just using the Russian name and the Japanese name, respectively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the scales of these games differ as well. Khalkin-Gol covers a single (decisive) battle in the first week of August 1939. Red Sun/Red Star attempts to cover the "campaign", which was a series of battles in July and August of 1939.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.