Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played this twice now, both times solo and it is my favorite solo board game experience of all time and I've tried at least 50 of them solo.

I did 3 buy rounds and defeated the AI 4 games to two. Game 1 I lost 8-4. I would expect that since you continue to buy after each World Series game, your chances to win the Series increases as the Series moves along. Game 2 I won 6-4 as Terry Traynor cancels a game-tying home run fro his on deck spot. I lost Game 3, 4-3. Then I won the next three games, 5-2, 4-2 and 8-4. In the fifth game, I won in extra innings on Yu Nomo's 2-run triple.

The entire game probably took about an hour counting the by rounds and setup. The compliments on the game will sound like I have money invested in the game, which I don't. I purchased all expansions and it was one of my very best gaming decisions. I used everything for this series except the Coaches expansion. The quality of the components is second to none. The texture on the cards is top notch, but seeig how this game will be played almost constantly, I put sleeves on all of them.

I will be taking this game to every gaming group night and convention I attend going forward. A second copy of the game and all expansions is on my Father's Day list so I can play with more than 4 players.

Great job by all concerned. Everyone who feels the way I do should make sure to spread the word so that we can get more base teams, free agents and other cool stuff in the future. Thanks to the Eagle folks and Mike for a great game. Now on to Sunday for my first face to face experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fitzgerald
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I am so glad you like it Rick. I know how much you were looking forward to it. Hope we can play sometime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick,

Amen to your entire post! Very glad you are enjoying it!

Ralph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will be doing a full blown review for the newspaper where I work. But want to get in a few two-player games first. Will let you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Rick, looking forward to your review!

Ralph

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.