Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony King
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
This appears to be in-store only at Card Kingdom in Seattle. No end date listed on the sales:

- 15% off everything in the store
- 40% off overstock games (I saw Dominion, Castle Panic, Android Netrunner core, Ticket to Ride: Europe)
- 40% off clearance games (random assortment, some examples: Patchistory, Asara, Conquest of Pangea, etc)

I only checked a few prices, for example Castle Panic was $35 plus 40% off, so $21 + tax, which is roughly the same price as CSI and no shipping if you pick it up locally. The 40% off sales seem to drop prices from MSRP/a few dollars under MSRP to compete favorably with online or better. 15% off isn't the best, but for "new arrivals" games makes a difference if you want to buy buy don't have a $100 order elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Card Kingdom folks are truly amazing - as an example, they offer the spare parts from their retired gaming cafe games here on BGG so other gamers can complete their games.

Please, go buy awesome games and support them if you can!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
worshipsf wrote:
The Card Kingdom folks are truly amazing - as an example, they offer the spare parts from their retired gaming cafe games here on BGG so other gamers can complete their games.

Please, go buy awesome games and support them if you can!

Agreed. They supplied a missing card for me and refused my even covering postage. They are tops!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Crawford
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How long is the sale going on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony King
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Posted at work and I'm told from someone else 2/23 is the end of the sale. It's apparently been running a week or so already. They have a lot of stock still left.

I just went in to pick up Alchemists. $50 with the discount, while not as cheap as online, I didn't have enough to fill a $100 order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Cunningham
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sale also applies to our new store, Mox Boarding House in Bellevue. They have some games on sale that are not on sale in Ballard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Quicho
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maceo6 wrote:
This sale also applies to our new store, Mox Boarding House in Bellevue. They have some games on sale that are not on sale in Ballard.

Ugh, looks like I'm making a trip to Bellevue this morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish I would have know about this earlier in the week when I was working in Redmond. I've yet to visit Mox, but was tempted to drop in yesterday on my way into work. A friend and I will hopefully drop by some time next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L O
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
https://www.facebook.com/CardKingdom confirms it's on through 2/23 (Monday)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife & I stopped by Mox Boarding House in Bellevue this afternoon for the first time. We picked up Suburbia from the library and played it while we enjoyed some tea, coffee, and an appetizer at the restaurant. We then picked up Hanabi on our way out from the 40% off table. We had a great time!

ETA: I just uploaded a picture of the Mox Boarding House game library, in case anyone's curious. This isn't exhaustive, as a number of games were checked out by customers at the time. (Click through to see larger versions.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Hemmings
United States
Tumwater
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think my son and I sat next to you . Almost everyone in the restaurant was playing a game and having a great time. It was our first time and we loved it. We also went to the sister store Card Kingdom. Both places still have 15% off everything, and 40% off some games with both stores discounting different games. Despite the almost 90 minute drive from Olympia we will be back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Hemmings
United States
Tumwater
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgot to mention that in your pic the game we wanted to try wasn't there on the shelves but under the shelves are some massive drawers with tons of small box games and they had it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stuhemmings wrote:
I think my son and I sat next to you . Almost everyone in the restaurant was playing a game and having a great time. It was our first time and we loved it. We also went to the sister store Card Kingdom. Both places still have 15% off everything, and 40% off some games with both stores discounting different games. Despite the almost 90 minute drive from Olympia we will be back.

Oh! What game(s) did you & your son play? Actually, when we were about to purchase Hanabi, there was a man and his son in line in front of us... I got the sense that they were having difficulty deciding on a game to play. Was that you?

There were so many interesting games being played that I was tempted to walk around the restaurant and just to watch people play. When we first sat down at our table, the 2 women next to us were playing Pandemic: The Cure, which I'd love to try. I would've watched them play except I was too busy setting up Suburbia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Hemmings
United States
Tumwater
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We settled quickly on Munchkin Pathfinder, trying not to get into something too heavy and bogged down with learning rules. My son loves the creative cards in that game and we hadn't tried that version yet. At some point in every Munchkin game he almost does a spit take laughing at some crazy card in there that he hasn't seen.

Pandemic is on my short list of games to give a hard look at. I think I will watch a Tabletop play through of that if there is one. Since they are actors and real comfortable with the camera I can really see how much fun they have with games. And since I saw them play Forbidden Desert, I always look at their shows first if I can.

I'm a bit reluctant on Hanabi. Isn't that the fireworks game? I haven't ruled it out but the subject matter doesn't really appeal to me. Suburbia isn't on my radar at all. Should it be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
maceo6 wrote:

This is what happens when I go away for a week...

So is the sale still on ON the 23rd,or is it done on the 22nd and prices go back to normal on the 23rd?

This is probably obvious to everyone else but I want to be sure when I convince everyone in the house we need to go. Not that I need a lot of an excuse to hit Mox again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Cunningham
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sale is through tomorrow (Monday).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
maceo6 wrote:

Yay! We'll be making a run there tonight - maybe dinner and games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony King
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
maceo6 wrote:

I ended up going over to Mox Boarding House this weekend and getting some games there. Looks like they had a much larger 'overstock' collection at 40% off. I got these:

- The Battle of the Five Armies - $84.99 at 40% off = ~$55.80 with tax
- Walled City - $60 at 40% off = ~$39.40 with tax

They also had these on the 40% off table:
- Arkham Horror
- Hanabi
- Ascension

There were a lot more AAA games here on the 40% off table. Even with tax they came out to a few dollars less than CSI had them for, so I was happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
maceo6 wrote:

This turned out to be inaccurate. Disappointing trip as we got there and the staff informed us that the sale ended yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.