Hide
2 Posts

Blackbeard» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using letter of marquis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Clark
msg tools
I have a letter of marquis.i. Want to make the spanish friendlyformy ships. I use the letter to make the spanish friendly then on my next turn i bribe the govenor. Now that he is bribed i want to retire the pirate. The other player holds The doube cross card. What we want to know is can he use the double cross card even though i am not using te letter of marquis card to retire but instead simply tomake spanish ports friendly. Does this get aroundthe double cross?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Driz1960 wrote:
I have a letter of marquis.i. Want to make the spanish friendlyformy ships. I use the letter to make the spanish friendly then on my next turn i bribe the govenor. Now that he is bribed i want to retire the pirate. The other player holds The doube cross card. What we want to know is can he use the double cross card even though i am not using te letter of marquis card to retire but instead simply tomake spanish ports friendly. Does this get aroundthe double cross?

A pirate cannot bribe any governor corresponding to the Letter of Marque(LoM) the pirate holds. See last bullet point under section 9.33. In your case, since you have a Spanish LoM, you cannot bribe any Spanish governors. You need to use your LoM to retire in a Spanish port. Upon using the LoM, your opponent can play his Double Cross card.

You can bribe a pro-pirate governor of another nationality and retire. Your opponent could not use his Double Cross card in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.